• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway

wpeloqui

Fuente Hemingways have to be my favorite stick. I prefer them to any of the ISOM cigars I have purchased over the years.

I have to add that I smoked my first Hemmingway last weekend (a short story.) I have been smoking cheaper sticks recently (and ones that I thought were good) but someone gifted me this to celebrate with. Well, let me tell you, I must have forgotten what good cigars were like, because from the first puff until I burned my lips and fingers, I was simply amazed! These are DA BOMB, to speak in the vernacular of the peasantry. It's good to be reminded once in a while what good cigars taste like.

I definitely love the hemingway lines. I picked up a couple of the Bestsellers yesterday at my local shop for $8 a piece and just by looking at them, i know they'll be yummy... :D

Short Stories are my favorite quick smoke these days!

Work of Art kicks A$$ as well IMO!! :D

Speaking of the Work of Art, any input from the peanut gallery? Just bought a lot of 10 and they should be here any day. So what do you guys think?

While I haven't smoked a Work of Art, I have yet to smoke the Hemingway that I didn't like. Same goes for the DC and SG lines. I've smoked a few from the regular AF line and didn't think they were anything special.

STYX&STONED said:
Speaking of the Work of Art, any input from the peanut gallery? Just bought a lot of 10 and they should be here any day. So what do you guys think?
I consider the WOA one of the best in the Hemingway line. The best ones would be the Untold Story and the WOA in maduro. :thumbs:

One my favorite smokes is the Hemmingway "Classic" :love: I love to sit back and just savor this smoke smooth, tasty well constructed!

BenjieV :D

Are the Hemingways expensive where you live? I have never smoked one. I bought my first one tonight and then sent it out to someone else. :( I only had to pay $6.10 for the single. Seems cheap for such a sought after stick. How much are they where you live?

They aren't too hard to find.I haven't bought any in a good while but I remember paying somewhere around 5-6 bucks for short stories.

Hemingways are decent sticks, but I tend to find them oone dimensional and a bit mild for my liking. Maybe a BTL or IBTL would be different. Anyone got one for me to try?? :p

Joe P said:
They aren't too hard to find.I haven't bought any in a good while but I remember paying somewhere around 5-6 bucks for short stories.

Hemingways are decent sticks, but I tend to find them oone dimensional and a bit mild for my liking. Maybe a BTL or IBTL would be different. Anyone got one for me to try?? :p
Joe I find the BTL to be the least flavorful of the line. Go figure.

Everything's kind of expensive here because of the sin tax. Not as bad as a lot of place but you don't want to buy many boxes here. I did find a box of Signatures online for $150 about a year ago. Mike's Cigars, in case you're curious.

Shadow said:
Joe I find the BTL to be the least flavorful of the line. Go figure.
Well I've never smoked one Bill and to be honest if I did have 1 or 2 I'd probably never smoke them either. There just so cool to look at. :p

FatherTiresius said:
While I haven't smoked a Work of Art, I have yet to smoke the Hemingway that I didn't like. Same goes for the DC and SG lines. I've smoked a few from the regular AF line and didn't think they were anything special.
I have to agree with this statement. I don't find the regular lines of Fuente (green bands) to be anything special. On the other hand, their black band cigars (Don Carlos, Hemmingway, Sun Grown), white bands (Anejo) and Opus X lines are in my opinion some of the best out there. With the domestic premi's of Padron 64's, Ashton VSG's ad Diamon Crown all lined up in a row with them.

I have had several Short Stories as it is one of my all time favorite cigars, and will have to say 2 things about them. The 2001 and prior were awesome. The new ones are not as awesome - good but not the awesome level that previous years crops were. I am not sure if it is because of vintage or aging. I do intend on getting a few from this year again just to age and see if that's the ticket.

I have only had a couple of the Maduro's a Signature and a Work of Art. Both were very great cigars. The only cigars in the line I haven't had yet other than Maduro's not listed are:

BTL
Untold Story
Masterpiece

I do have to say that the shorter end of the spectrum - Works of Art, Short Stories and Best Sellers, are better than the Classics and Signatures (not to say these cigars are bad - I enjoy them too).

Ok, now I am wanting a Hemmingway or a Don Carlos *sighs*

Sam

I have only had 1 that I considered really good. The rest just bland. So I trade or pass them away when I get them.
Emo

Y'all are convincing me to take the next 2 1/2 hours and go smoke the (1) and only Masterpiece I've got. :( Anyone got a spare or 2 to send so's I don't feel so bad about smoking this one? :lookup: :sign: :sign:

Just you go sit and smoke the one you have and enjoy it. There will always be more to be had. I just got a 10 pak of the Work Of Art out of the mail box and I'm on my way to the back field to sit and enjoy 1......or 2.

Hey Horse, let me show you a good mooch attempt. :sneaky:

You just got a 10 pack of the Work Of Arts out of the mail box huh? :D :p :thumbs:

Mark, sometimes you have to mooch for the correct cigar. Now had you said does anyone have an extra Maduro Masterpiece I bet you would have been mooch successful! :D