• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hennessey Cognac

Cira

I just finished my bottle of Hennessey XO and absolutly loved it. I saw that the local liquor store has the Paradis on sale this week and I was thinking of trying it. Is it really that much better than the XO? What's different about it?

How does the XO compare to the VSOP? Is there a drastic difference? I tried the VSOP and did not like it. I normally lean towards Remy Martin VSOP but am willing to venture out.

I just finished my bottle of Hennessey XO and absolutly loved it. I saw that the local liquor store has the Paradis on sale this week and I was thinking of trying it. Is it really that much better than the XO? What's different about it?

If you want to see what XO Cognac can really be, try Delamain. Their entry level Cognac, the Pale & Dry, is aged for an average of 25 years in oak and would typically sell for less than Hennesey XO or Parardis, about $90.00. Everything Delamain produces is made from prime Cognac grapes (Grand Champagne vineyards).

As with so many things, the more interesting Cognacs are usually made by the smaller outfits.

Hennessy XO is awesome. Think deep flavors like leather and walnut in a nice round liquor that paints the tongue quite nicely.
I like its flavor profile better than Delamain (personal choice)

I have had the paradis only once, I do not have the aspects of this one nailed down, all I remember was, I have to get a bottle of this. It is on my short list of things to splurge on.

I love the Hennessey range. I would go as far to say that the Paradis is more of a drink than the famed Louis 13th.

That being said, I think all the Hennessey products have something to offer. The VS is a good mixer, the VSOP and XO are fantastic, with Paradis and Richard Hennessey absolutely phenomenal, all with different profiles.

Get what you can afford at the time, they are all great.

Paradis is fantastic. Is it 2x as good as their XO? Of course not... maybe 20% better.

That's surprising. I thought the government taxed alcohol as hard as it did tobacco here... case in point: online cigar shop in the US charges roughly $32 USD for a bundle of Connie #9's, but the biggest B&M store in Winnipeg charges $142 CAD.

I would agree the Paradis is way better than the XO, but I prefer something like Tesseron Lot 29.
I have tried sticking with smaller cognac houses as they still have the passion and dont take the shortcuts of the big 4.

Recently, I cracked open Daniel Bouju that is barrelproof. Wow, what an experience! So, pure and bold, was PERFECT with my Ashton VSG.

WOW, I just looked up Lot 29, it jumped from $250 when I bought it to $400! WTF happened?

I would have to say that there are other makes which are the same if not better that would cost less. Henessy and Martin are the more well know outfits because of their advertising. However, I would definantly recommend Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges 30yr or even something from the Fillioux line.