• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Here's a Riesling recommendation

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
Personally, I love Rieslings, usually German, but this Columbia Valley Riesling is a must try for those of you looking for a sweeter white wine with good acid balance and a nice medium finish. We poured this wine at a recent blind tasting in our home and it was the winner. Are you ready for this ...... $6.99 at BevMo! yeah, I already purchased a case.

:cool:

Me and the chicks love Riesling, too. Thanks for the heads up. Brought some back from Alsace last month, mmmm. Just a little family vintner but it was a grand cru hill.

Thanks for the review David! The wifey loves Riesling and this is a hell of a lot cheaper than her beloved JJ Prum. :thumbs:

Thanks for the review David! The wifey loves Riesling and this is a hell of a lot cheaper than her beloved JJ Prum. :thumbs:

J.J. Prum is simply awesome, as well as many Dr. Loosen's, but that juice does not come cheap. Here's a great example.

2002 Dr. Loosen Erdener Pralat Long Gold Capsule Auslese $249

1031418x.jpg

:cool:

This one is definitely a winner in the QPR arena. Others to try out of the same region are from COlumbia winery (my favorite dom. reisling) and Cht. St Michelle. Both a little more $ in the $10 range but, excellent wines and well worth the $.

I'm a big fan of Reislings too. I second the Ste. Michelle. Thanks for the recommendations!

Jim