• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey gents, something I need to get out in the open

investandprosper

Hey ladies and gents,

A good brother brought my attention to the fact that I've been extremely active in the B/S/T forum as of late, and not particularly active in the others, so I just wanted to get this out in the open so there are no ill-feelings worming their way through CP because of me. I've definitely been reading more and posting less (except, as it seems, in the B/S/T forum). I log onto CP every day and read up on what's happening with all of you.

So, on to why I'm writing this post. I've had to cut back on my stash quite aggressively in the past two months. I really couldn't feel good about sitting on about $3k worth of cigars without a steady income coming in (if I was a bachelor, heck yes, but with two kids, heck no). I'm extremely thankful to Rod and all of you that the B/S/T forum is available to me to offer cigars up when I needed to. My tastes are also changing since I started getting back into cigars in April, so I have been trying to diversify what I have left, buying a couple boxes of what I like and selling cigars that don't suit my tastes as well as they used to. I guess this resulted in a crap-ton of sales over the past two months. Anyway, sorry for making a big long post. Just wanted y'all to know that I appreciate you guys very much, and I apologize if it looks like I've been treating CP like a swap meet.

Best,

John

Very honorable of you to address a situation such as that John. I figured you have been busy because we haven't spoken for a while.
Will see ya soon!

Hey Dave!

Yeah, it's been downright crazy lately. Saturday is coming up quick! Do you think you'll still be able to meet up sometime Saturday or Sunday?

I wish that a 10th of the people that have "come and gone" from our hallowed halls had the same tact you do.

Hey Dave!

Yeah, it's been downright crazy lately. Saturday is coming up quick! Do you think you'll still be able to meet up sometime Saturday or Sunday?

I'm checking with my daughters band teacher if they need to practice on Saturday daytime as that night, the Honolulu City Lights parade is going on in downtown and she is marching. I don't have to do medical monitoring so I can sit back and become part of the audience with the rest of the family. I am hoping for a break.

IMHO you are a good man John.

I never thought anything of it. In my short time here I have seen a couple folks abuse the B/S/T; and in my personal opinion you are not.

Nice form to not "call out" those that have contacted you, but to rather speak your mind and present it in a non defensive way.

Sometimes life has a way of dealing you a hand you never saw coming and some tough choices have to be made. I hope everything works out for you.

Not that my opinion means anything to anyone, but John I think you're a good dude all around, and I have respect for you knowing that you are cutting back on the non-necessities to make sure you can still put food on the table for the family. I know a lot of people that would sell the couch before getting rid of the spare flat panel television and xbox 360 in his man cave...

So on that note, I echo the thoughts of many others, you are a good brother and we all like having you here.

P.S. The consideration for the community you have posting this, makes you a Top Notch BOTL :thumbs:

WKOTI

Better said than left unsaid, John.

I do the same thing to a lesser degree. I love variety in my cigar selection but since hurting my back my income has made acquiring a varied selection an exercise in futility. Buying a box and then selling some to pay the bills is not exactly good budgeting. I call it "Go-Go Banking". :D

My only constructive criticism is to drop the reasons for the sales. "Sharing what's in my humidor" is not really what you are doing, after all. The Sir Winnies was more to the point and all that's needed, "Letting go of some sticks".

But I think you are a valuable member of the CPass community and applaud you for making this post if only to make sure there are no misunderstandings. "Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!"

I wish that a 10th of the people that have "come and gone" from our hallowed halls had the same tact you do.

Well put. People rarely seem to understand that if you nip something in the bud early on, it won't have a chance to flourish into something worse. The fact that you came right out and said what you did, goes a long way towards showing your intentions. Bravo sir, bravo. :thumbs: