• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hi my name is Chuck

ckeller52

"All the Twitters. I know them."
Yeah, I’m hooked now. I went to my Mother In Law’s and found an old pipe that her husband used to smoke and asked her for it. I figured it would be interesting to try and would stop me from smoking half cigars in the winter. Smoking half of a 6 dollar cigar and throwing the rest away is too expensive for my blood.

So now I have this pipe and I need something to put in it. I stop by my B&M and walk out with Captain Black I go home pack a bowl and step outside to smoke it. It smells great but WTH? Where is the taste? I’m tasting, well, nothing that’s what I’m tasting.

So I started lurking here. I read about the different tobaccos, Corncob pipes, European pipe packing techniques on YouTube and Estate Pipes on eBay and formulate a plan.

First thing that made sense was to buy some of Boswell’s Christmas Cookie blend so I ordered that and two others. I explained I was new to this and when the package arrives I find I’ve been bombed. What a nice, pleasant surprise. I can’t wait to open the CC and take a whiff so I do. And after I do I’m thinking a raisin cookie is lost in the bag someplace. I can’t wait to light a bowl.

So I packed some in my FIL’s old pipe and head off to work. I light it up in the truck and second surprise, I can taste it! And it tastes great!
Unfortunately for me my B&M is on my way to work so I stop and ask how much his pipes are and picked out a nice one for $30 I got back in the truck and packed the new one with CC and lit it up. Amazing, it’s even better in the new pipe.

Anyway I’ve bored you enough with what you already know. I just wanted to thank you all for helping me make the right decision about this stuff. With what I wasted on cigars before I joined CP I could have several of pipes that JM makes by now.

Suggestions on what to do with the Capitan Black?

Nice to see you here, Chuck, and glad you're enjoying your new pipe. As to the Captain Black....well,
mulch comes to mind. :) No, seriously, I'd hang on to it. Your tastes may change as you continue in this, and one day the Captain may seem like just the thing for the moment.

Nice to see you here, Chuck, and glad you're enjoying your new pipe. As to the Captain Black....well,
mulch comes to mind. :) No, seriously, I'd hang on to it. Your tastes may change as you continue in this, and one day the Captain may seem like just the thing for the moment.
Hi Jadon

Hi ya Bob

I see ya dumped all your gars awhile back. That's what I call commitment to the briar. I'm going to do both, I like cigars too much to dump them and I figure the pipe will let me age the good ones a little longer. :whistling:

I don't know how I missed this one...

Welcome to the world of piping! I too partake in both cigars and the pipe. I get a different kind of enjoyment from each. I find the pipe puts me in a very different state of mind than a cigar does. Neither is "better" to me, but each has it's time and place.

The Captain Black doesn't do it for me either, but some really like it.

Good luck on your journey...

:)

I get a different kind of enjoyment from each. I find the pipe puts me in a very different state of mind than a cigar does. Neither is "better" to me, but each has it's time and place.

That's what I'm starting to see.

The Captain Black doesn't do it for me either, but some really like it.

Boswells Best or CB. CB or Boswells Best........ LOL

Thanks for the Hi, Howdy Alan.

Hi Jadon

Hi ya Bob

I see ya dumped all your gars awhile back. That's what I call commitment to the briar. I'm going to do both, I like cigars too much to dump them and I figure the pipe will let me age the good ones a little longer. :whistling:

It may have looked as though I dumped all my cigars, but there's still a 54 qt. coolerdor full of boxes, and 300 and 600 count humis of loose sticks. I'm sure I'll go back to cigars at some point, but at this time they're just snoozing peacefully and aging gracefully.;)

Bob

Hi Chuck!

Boswell's Christmas Cookie is one of my favorites. I also enjoy there Burley and the Bear Blend.

Glad to have you here!

Enjoy!
pipe2.gif