• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High End Fuente Sighting In Detroit

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
I was at Churchills in Birmingham last night for the first time. Pretty pricy place compared to other B&Ms I've been in, but they cater to the "Clientele" of the area who by the look of the homes surrounding the downtown core, can bloody well afford it!!!

Anyway, it wasn't a huge humidor, but it was stocked with the highest end lines of smokes I've ever seen. They had more Davidoff than anything else, and some Tubos (have no idea what Vitola, but from the size of the tube, probably a Toro) for $48 per. I saw an unopened "Forbidden X" box for something like $167. I have no idea how many it contained, it didn't indicate anywhere on the outside. They had unopened boxes of both GOF (4 per box) from May 2006, I believe the price was $127 each. They also had unopened boxes of ESG, both sizes, and you'll have to forgive me but I can't recall the price of these for the life of me.

First time I've seen any of these cigars on display. Only makes me wonder what they have stored out back. I was going to ask for a few Opus singles, but from the pricing of things like Padron #6000 ($7.95 per) and AF SS ($7.50 per) they're gouging anyway, so I didn't bother.

If you live in the Detroit area, you have to check this place out, or if you know someone who lives close and want something like those mentioned above, maybe they'll hook you up.

I was at Churchills in Birmingham last night for the first time. Pretty pricy place compared to other B&Ms I've been in, but they cater to the "Clientele" of the area who by the look of the homes surrounding the downtown core, can bloody well afford it!!!

Anyway, it wasn't a huge humidor, but it was stocked with the highest end lines of smokes I've ever seen. They had more Davidoff than anything else, and some Tubos (have no idea what Vitola, but from the size of the tube, probably a Toro) for $48 per. I saw an unopened "Forbidden X" box for something like $167. I have no idea how many it contained, it didn't indicate anywhere on the outside. They had unopened boxes of both GOF (4 per box) from May 2006, I believe the price was $127 each. They also had unopened boxes of ESG, both sizes, and you'll have to forgive me but I can't recall the price of these for the life of me.

First time I've seen any of these cigars on display. Only makes me wonder what they have stored out back. I was going to ask for a few Opus singles, but from the pricing of things like Padron #6000 ($7.95 per) and AF SS ($7.50 per) they're gouging anyway, so I didn't bother.

If you live in the Detroit area, you have to check this place out, or if you know someone who lives close and want something like those mentioned above, maybe they'll hook you up.

Hey Jim! I'm surprised you didn't buy them out! :laugh:

I live there. Churchills is a decent little shop, but if you want to see an impressive collection head up Woodward Ave. a few miles to Smokey's. The humidor is about 10 times the size, always in stock are Opus, Anejo, Ashton, GOF, Dunhill, Padron 1926, etc. No limits. Prices are variable. Best lounge in the area as well.

I live there. Churchills is a decent little shop, but if you want to see an impressive collection head up Woodward Ave. a few miles to Smokey's. The humidor is about 10 times the size, always in stock are Opus, Anejo, Ashton, GOF, Dunhill, Padron 1926, etc. No limits. Prices are variable. Best lounge in the area as well.

Yeah, I'd been to Smokey's before too and it's huge. Maybe the next biggest I've been in after JR's. Where's the lounge at Smokeys? I didn't see it, but then I wasn't looking for a door to go anywhere.

On the left. Surprised you missed it. The lounge is huge. And you don't have to be a member. Just need to buy a cigar.

Yeah, I'd been to Smokey's before too and it's huge. Maybe the next biggest I've been in after JR's. Where's the lounge at Smokeys? I didn't see it, but then I wasn't looking for a door to go anywhere.

On the left. Surprised you missed it. The lounge is huge. And you don't have to be a member. Just need to buy a cigar.
On the left before you go into the humidor?? I seem to remember frosted glass doors there, but figured it was offices or something.

LOL, I laughed when I read that you "Just need to buy a ciger". That ain't much of a struggle in that place, is it??

On the left, long before you go into the humidor. Next to the wall of the private lockers. Big door. Can't miss it. Yes, its tough to get out of there without dropping serious $$. Lots of great stuff.

On the left before you go into the humidor?? I seem to remember frosted glass doors there, but figured it was offices or something.

LOL, I laughed when I read that you "Just need to buy a ciger". That ain't much of a struggle in that place, is it??

I will be going o a private dinner Monday with those boys, You have to be pledged too get into there little group. Thanks to all the good folks on CP, I have been able to impress my well to uncle enough with my knowledge of cigars as to get the pledge.

Monday will tell the rest of the story..

Bye the way New, PM me anytime, As I live in Farmington Hills and am always ready to sit backk and enjoy a nice smoke.

snip...
Bye the way New, PM me anytime, As I live in Farmington Hills and am always ready to sit backk and enjoy a nice smoke.

LOL, we're shopping almost weekly at a Kroger on the corner of 12 Mi and Lahser. I do believe that's fairly close to you. I wish I'd have known that last week. I was at JR's Saturday to burn one and pick up a few.

Look out for smokeys they have anything good like anjeo $21 a stick for the 77. Nice but $21 come on.