• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High humidity.......the saga continues

unotaz

Hi,
As some of you have seen from my previous post, I have recently purchased a custom Aristocrat THC cabinet from Bob. Although things seems to be well at first, it turns out that due the nature of the climate over here in Taiwan, I am constantly faced with high humidity problems inside the cabinet. The humidity inside my house is always around 65% to 80% (depending on if it rains outside). Although I do have several dehumidifier machines running in the house, it is nearly impossible to actually bring down the humidity to below 65%.

Naturally, I turned to Heartfelt bead for solution and purchased 4 pounds of beads from them. It turns out that the bead's effect on the humidity inside the cabinet is very limited, as when peltier run, fresh air flow would be entering into the cabinet along with the high humidity. As a result, the bead is having a hard time controlling the humidity level inside the cabinet. Moreover, I find that as the bead is filled with moisture, you would need to re-condition it by putting it inside an oven. (I will admit that I am very lazy in this regard).

Currently, I have found a wireless device that is manufactured locally by a company here in Taiwan that would (hopefully) solve my problem of constantly taking out bead and dehumidifying by placing them into the oven.

http://sourcing.tdctrade.com/cgi-bin/hkei....MemberID=866651

How this device works is that it acts just like a bead, with the exception that it will alert you (on the display) of when the bead (liquid glass, according to them) is filled up with moisture. When it's full, you will take it out of the cabinet, plug it into a regular outlet and the machine will automatically release the moisture from inside to the outer environment. According to their spec, this process takes approximately 3 hours and the each machine will hold approximately 250cc of moisture.

To try it out, I have placed an order for two of them just to see if the thing actually works. They retail for 15USD each here in Taiwan and I know from their spec, the de-humdifying ability of each machine is very limited (as it only holds 250cc of moisture each time around). However, if it turns out that this little gadget works, I believe I will be able to replace all of my beads with more of these little suckers.

Watch this space!

Hmm what a dilema to have. I hope your gadgets work for ya.