• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

high tech cigars

JonB

the other day in a cigar shop i saw some cigars that had very modern high tech looking tubes. the tubes are silver, with the cigar name in black, with a color "glowing" behind the name. there were a couple different colors in each box. i wish i could remember the name but i forgot it. i was just wondering if anyone knows what these cigars are and if they are any good. it seems they are using flash to sell these cigars but i dont know for sure.

Sounds vaguely like the CAO Extreme Tubos maybe. Where the tubes square?

other1 said:
Sounds vaguely like the CAO Extreme Tubos maybe. Where the tubes square?
Thats what it sounds like to me also...

I sell a bit of these, never had one but have heard there a good smoke
-matt

if this is what you are talking about then no they arent cao's

cao-tubos01.jpg

these cao tube looks modest compared to the ones i saw.

Could be talking about Helix Cigars..the lettering is Black with glow behind it.

The Tubos come in Purple & Blue with sivler base & black lettering

Look pretty high-tech to me. I hope the glow isn't just on the outside either. If you catch my drift.

I looked them up at CI and they seem to be a pretty cheap cigar. $70 a box for their biggest cigar and as low as $50 for a box.

Be warned, these are not bad, but are veeeery mild. There is nothing offensive about the taste - but, then, there is no taste. ??? Their marketing strategy seems to be to target non-cigar smokers. So, they advertise more in general interest men's magazines than cigar mags.

Cheers,
Dixie

They are very mild, but also very grassy IMO. I can think of a ton of cheaper cigars that I'd prefer.

dixieland_conjunction said:
Be warned, these are not bad, but are veeeery mild. There is nothing offensive about the taste - but, then, there is no taste. ??? Their marketing strategy seems to be to target non-cigar smokers. So, they advertise more in general interest men's magazines than cigar mags.

Cheers,
Dixie
They are mild....and your right no taste!!!

I have had a stick or two of these, they are mild, but I found them to be pleasurable but not real memorable. I think the company is going after not just non-cigar smokers, but also targeting Non-Smokers as well as the female market. That is why the packaging looks so "Frilly" :love: .

Hell, there might be a lace doilly in the box :0

PuroBrat said:
I have had a stick or two of these, they are mild, but I found them to be pleasurable but not real memorable. I think the company is going after not just non-cigar smokers, but also targeting Non-Smokers as well as the female market. That is why the packaging looks so "Frilly" :love: .

Hell, there might be a lace doilly in the box :0
By non cigar smoker, I meant non smokers. They seem to try to make it trendy ???

PB, I'm curious - have you seen ads that target women or are you just speculating? That's not a bad plan if they are. :thumbs: No one else seems to be doing it with nonflavored gars.

Cheers,
Dixie

I don't U.S. Cigar Sales, Inc. was intending to target women specifically with the Helix. I would think due to its mildness and graphics they are targeting what I would consider a yuppie type person, maybe 25-35 age range.

They are made in Honduras with CT shade wrapper, unknown what filler they use though.

I have seen ads in various finance, car & sports magazines though not many. I know the same factory makes the Astral & Don Tomas in the same factory though my experience with these is also limited.

I remember when I first started I thiught these were the bomb.

I think statelandman likes these.

I agree, these are pretty mild.

Lumby's right, statelandman a.k.a. "Mr Mild" likes these ;)