• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

History of Cigars

Danknows

New to this site I was shocked to find on its home page a gross misrepresentation in the (History of Cigars). You state as follows," Before long,farmers in Connecticut who had been growing tobacco since they found Native Americans producing it in the earliest years of the colony were attempting to grow Cuban variety from seed for manfacturing into cigars in factories in Hartford,Unfortunatly it was never close or as good as the real thing" Who ever did this research needs to come to grips with the facts. Connecticut has been producing wrapper since 1632 and the seed is from Connecticut. The first American Cigar ever produced was done in Windsor Connecticut in 1801 called '' long Nines". Today as im sure you know the seed your trying to grow in Cuba and all over South America is seed Varity 8212 developed in Connecticut for Connecticut. It was Illeagle to take Conn. seed out of Connecticut for many many years,but thanks to Bill Clinton they took the seed and now we got our seed growing all over South America. Look at the advertisement now" Connecticut Seed Wrapper" real nice!. Yeah our tobbacco leaf is so bad and cant hold a candle to Cuban or any other but for some reasone you need to tell the world its Connecticut Seed. We tried to grow Cuban wrapper in Connecticut, we tried Havana 2000 also, the quality was so poor that the amount of good wrapper was between 10 and 15 percent, So tell me why we would use this great Cuban seed when our own Seed produces 85% and up wrapper. And as far as growing regions, you really need to understand why the Connecticut River Valley is in a league of its own. Many River Valleys in the world but only one like Connecticut,Check it out for yourself,look up Lake Hitchcock or the Laurentide Ice Sheets. This is why Connecticut tobacco cant be duplicated,and anyone that knows the truth will also tell you our wrapper leaf is the most sought after leaf in the world and will always be the case. So take our seed and rip up your coffe fields and lie to the world. You might be able to BS some of the people some of the time but remember honesty is always the best policy.

:lookup: errr ....welcome?

you forgot the April Fools part

:sign: :sign:

Hey Dan, sounds you do indeed KNOW. :D

Welcome to CP, you should fit right in :p

so the whole time my nat sherman's were better than my ISOM??

:0

You know, throw some line breaks in there and my eyes might not be bleeding. :) Also, welcome aboard!

Welcome to CP. Read your profile and you said you grew wrapper for major companies. Who uses your wrapper?

Nice first shot errrruhhhh, post. Welcome

You might be able to BS some of the people some of the time but remember honesty is always the best policy.

Nice hello. :p

Let me guess what your pickup line is...

"Hi, I'm Dan. Do you know that your ass is to wide? The actual prefered ass size by 9 out of 10 men is a petite 4. I'm just trying to be accurate here."

Welcome, :D

If he wants to amend the history of cigars, then he can write up a story and we'll post it. ;)

hmmm....

notice all he talks about is wrappers and not fillers and binders. Maybe the conneticut leaf is pretty, but not as tasty? Maybe it's too dainty to hang with the big boys? hmm.... food (or leaf) for thought.

Actually, as I understand his statements here and in his profile, Dan's company grows and markets Wrapper Leaf as it's primary product. However, there are cigars made in Connecticut with 100% Connecticut Tobacco.

They are called Muniemaker

Danknows said:
" Before long,farmers in Connecticut who had been growing tobacco since they found Native Americans producing it in the earliest years of the colony were attempting to grow Cuban variety from seed for manfacturing into cigars in factories in Hartford,Unfortunatly it was never close or as good as the real thing"
All that says is that farmers in Conn tried to grow a Cuban variety and found they couldn't duplicate THAT particular variety as good as Cuba.

So whats the beef? All of the other fluff in your post has nothing to do with that statement. Bill Clinton and Conn seed wrapper? Whats that got to do with farmers long ago trying to grow a cuban variety in Conn? Are you saying that they didn't?

Welcome to CP but it would be best to breath while you post. :lookup:

Hey PB,

You forgot about Summerdale!!

I think they are a 100% Connecticut cigar as well.

Dan was logged in for a couple hours, but now he has gone bye-bye with no further post.