• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey 2015-2016

WindingDown

Do we have any hockey fans in the house? Who is your team? and what do you think about their chances this year?

I am a Buffalo Sabres Fan. Wasn't really into hockey until I went to University at Buffalo and got hooked, BIG TIME.
Personally I am just happy we [the fans] aren't praying for losses!

I'm thinking the Sabres will miss the playoffs but we're in a rebuild and have a roster that actually looks like a REAL NHL roster.

I'm a die hard hockey fan and Blackhawks fan. If I'm not watching the game, then I have it on radio or at a minimum, my game tracker on my app. I try to make a few games a year, but this year has been tough already. Being in Illinois, it's either Blues or Blackhawks, but my 10 year old son is huge on Blackhawks, so it's something we enjoy together. But I just love to watch hockey, no matter who's playing.

I'm with you on the hockey fandom. I don't get to watch nearly as much as I'd like so I pretty just keep it to Sabres games since my 2nd job keeps me from being home most nights my wife wouldn't be too pleased if I spent all my free time watching hockey however I got my almost 4 year old doing hockey, we started last year, so I do get a little more freedom to watch more hockey.

Nothing does beat getting to a live game. My Father-in-law is a Rangers Fan so we head to Buffalo every year for a game as our Christmas gift. It's one of the things I look most forward to each year

I've been watching hockey. It is the only sport I do watch.
Blackhawks are my team, but they lost half their players, and they don't look so good.
They just played the Sabers, I think they won in OT, I forget. Every time Kane had the puck you heard booing from the Buffalo fans.
It was fun watching Kane with his streak.

I watched one game of LA. To be fair, the announcer said it was their worst played game of the season.
As for Dallas, what little I have seen, they are hot. Capitols are doing pretty good too.

The Habs are not hot. Is that a good thing? Lost last 9. And Florida won their last 9. Weird....Florida in first place.

The Ducks with all that talent are in last place, which I find odd.
I plan to watch more of the other teams. Mostly West division.

San Jose Sharks. I've learned to live with disappointment.

I just came across this thread. Big Kings fan! Things seem to be going well thus far. Looks like the guys took missing the playoffs last season personal and are out to make sure it doesn't happen again. That said, every season brings a losing streak or two (or three) so I'm hoping they aren't as bad as previous seasons.

Hey Hawks fans, don't forget it's our turn this year. You guys are scheduled to get the cup next season.

I tell you what, I didn't think we were going to make a strong run at back-to-back with the way we started the season....but 8 in row and we are right up there with the best of'em!

I'm a passive fan, as KC doesn't have a team, but I do enjoy watching good games. I'm not a fan of any team, but the local team just gained an ECHL affiliation with the New York Islanders so I pay attention to them a little.

I remember years ago when the Kings were perennial cellar dwellers, a rumor was started by paranoid Kings fans that the team was going to be moved to KC, since the new arena was owned by AEG, owners of the Kings and Staples Center. Maybe the Ducks will move there. Well, one can dream, eh?

I remember years ago when the Kings were perennial cellar dwellers, a rumor was started by paranoid Kings fans that the team was going to be moved to KC, since the new arena was owned by AEG, owners of the Kings and Staples Center. Maybe the Ducks will move there. Well, one can dream, eh?
When the arena was originally built here in KC, there was a lot of talk that the Penguins might move here. Of course they used it to leverage what the wanted from Pittsburgh. There has been no talk of an NHL or NBA team moving here since. It's a beautiful arena that's kind of wasted.

I'm a passive fan, as KC doesn't have a team, but I do enjoy watching good games. I'm not a fan of any team, but the local team just gained an ECHL affiliation with the New York Islanders so I pay attention to them a little.
We just got the Calgary Flames ECHL by me. Unfortunately the AHL Adirondack Flames swapped with th ECHL team. Which is kind of a shame since I used to have 2-3 chances a season to see the Sabres AHL Afilliate Rochester Americans either at Adirondack or Albany. Still haven't gone to an ECHL game yet though.

Well, coming down to the home stretch 17 games left for the Blue Note. We have been getting spanked by the Eastern Conference. As a Blues fan I have never seen a sniff of a Stanley Cup and sadly this year doesn't seem much different. The Blues have only been to the finals three times, '68 '69 and '70 and lost each time 4-0, but the expansion rules were such that an expansion team had to be in the finals. Those were gimmies. The frustration factor among fans is nearing that of the Cubs.

Kings have slowed and Anaheim and San Jose have gotten in gear. All 3 CA teams lead the Pacific and are within 4 points of each other. Considering the Kings have only won their division once in their history (back in the 90's), it's a foregone conclusion to me that they'll drop down to 2nd or 3rd.

Pretty boring deadline. As a Sabres fan all I had to look forward to until the draft was the deadline. That and Eichel/Reinhart highlights.

I like the trades San Jose made. If anything, they'll at least give their fans another deep playoff push. Man I'd love them to FINALLY hoist up lord Stanley's cup. I'm certain that I may just end up watching another final playoff game at 1:30 am and calling it a season. I hope I'm wrong. No other GM in sports has gotten as many lives as Doug Wilson. If they lose again, time for a complete 180 and rebuild.