• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holiday Office Parties.....

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
Just wondering what everyone's Holiday Office Party is like. Where is it? What's included (dinner, booze, etc)

A co-worker (Dion) and I have convinced our office to have our Holiday Party at Palmar's Bar and Cigar Lounge. We have a private room upstairs from the actual cigar lounge. The party is from 6pm-10pm. There will be a sit down dinner much like a wedding with a choice of 1 of 5 entrees. NO ALCOHOL INCLUDED :(

I actually plan on heading over to Palmer's around 4:30pm today to get a little bit of a head start on the festivities.

Smoke I have with me for the evening:

HdM Piramide EL
RyJ Churchill
BBF
VR Famoso
RASS
Mag46
Party Short - 2

Our company has riverboat dinner cruise on Saturday. The have a good prime-rib dinner and some seafood and other good food, buffet style. There is only outdoor smoking allowed... :( and alcohol is available at cost per drink. I do not drink anymore, so I could care less about that!!! I am allergic to it... :D :D

Ours is full buffet and open bar. :D Nothing like a bunch of drunken programmers.

Did not go to mine. My company sucks.

Girlfriend had her party at the Rosemont Convention Center for about 1500. Good food and an open bar (top shelf) Did not bring cigars.

A supplier of my girlfriend a Christmas party at the Hyatt Regency Chicago this weekend for roughly 200 people. They cover the room, parking, breakfast etc. The entertainment they get is outstanding. Great food and top shelf, usually have a martini bar as well. Handed out Cohiba's last year at the afterparty party, but I was too drunk and new to know if they were real. Always a great time. My forth year going.

Well, in our first year of business we took all the employees and their families for a long weekend at Boyne Mountain, for skiing. Last year we had pizza, from Casey's gas station, in the shop at lunchtime. :angry2:

We had ours Wednesday and it's a luncheon, no booze....

Very nice catered affair though... :D

Mine: Tonight, roast beef/chicken, open bar (1 hour), cigar lounge.
Mine: Tomorrow night, Former employer, Prime Rib, open bar, cigars?
Mine: 18th, I know the BC of the local Guard unit and he invited me to theirs, Roast beef, open bar, cigars allowed in the club
Wifes: 17th, Chicken, open bar (2 hours), no cigars.

Luncheon, Italian, buffett, mediocre food, buy your own booze.

One year we did hand the principal our bar tab and he paid for it. This year, new principal, probably won't go for that.

End of the school year luncheon is at Outback. Cheese Fries, Bloomin Onion, Salad, Steak, Dessert, buy your own booze. That's something we look forward to.

Our company will probably have a luncheon on the 23rd. Last years and this past Thanksgivings catering sucked, hope they don't use the same people for Christmas. A lunch is a lunch, knowing our GM he will probably say this is your raise for this year, enjoy it. :angry:

Fast4Dr said:
ricmac25 said:
That's something we look forward to.
[snapback]147831[/snapback]​
besides the summer off :angry2:
[snapback]147834[/snapback]​

Partially because we know the summer off isn't too far away. :D

Italian buffet on a Saturday evening (18th). Buy your own booze. No freakin' smoking!

12/15/04 6" Subway sandwiches in the breakroom. Smoking outside in designated area. :(

We're goin to the bar at 10am on x-mas eve for a few and then goin home

Well since I'm the only one in my company the party will consist of me and a couple of my buddies at my club next Saturday night. Cigars, whiskey and women. Now that's a Christmas party :D

Ours is tomorrow night at the KofC in Springfield IL. Some kind of buffet and 1 hour open bar, after if you want to get drunk the company has no liability, so they think. It is a pretty down home type affair with wives or significant others. So, we'll see what happens. It is only my second one with this company, a small town bank that is growing but not does not forget it's roots.

The employees association is holding a christmas get together at a nearby bar, featuring a karaoke stand(you think administration would try and do something fun?) I'm the only one who smokes cigars, so maybe I'll have one before and/or after the event, though I doubt I'll go. I'd rather get some much needed sleep, as well as stay on here at CP. :D

We are having two parties this year, like usual. We have a a party for everyone and anyone. This year it is in mid-town Manhattan. $35 per person, all you can eat and drink. People from all over the city come to party. Cops, firefighters, doctors, nurses, paramedics all come to party, drink and dance.
The scond party, I take out all the supervisors under me, and their spouses. When have a nice meal in a nice Italian resturant downtown. The liquor bill is what kills me. We've been going to this same place for about 6 years, and the owner gives everyone a nice bottle of wine on the way out.

My employer had no party. No free booze. No free food. No bonus, no paid health benefits, no contributions to retirement other than what I set aside. Doesn't pay for Christmas off, New Year's, Easter, Labor or Memorial Day or any vacation time. And I have had the same job for 28 years! But I just love this guy.

Self employed :)

My wife had a company party at one of the employee's house. Nice friendly little affair, BYOB. I handed out a few cigars since it was warm enough to smoke on outside.

This years party is at a club in the Adam's Morgan neighborhood of Washington DC: Link!.

Party is largely focused on drinking (open bar - no restrictions) though roaming waiters run around with food, and we always have some kind of oddball entertainment (this year - we have a roaming hypnotist or something). The staff (about 20 people) are encouraged to bring up to 3 guests - so it doesn't feel like a company party so much as a party of crazy drunk people (it is sort of an unsaid competition to bring your oddest friends - and see which ones go completely off the wall).

I actually look forward to the holiday party - and I always crawl home - and usually get hit on by one or more female co-workers (often right in front of my wife - who then proceeds to make fun of me for the next 12 months)....

:thumbs:

Cheers,

- Oak