• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy Grail Pass

Cool, I'll try hard to get it out today but with the crazy work hours Im not sure either way it will be headed out sooon.

So to those who've already seen the pass come through -- any one get a chance to smoke a few of those new sticks? Any reviews? Any new holy grail finds as a result?

Mephiston said:
Cool, I'll try hard to get it out today but with the crazy work hours Im not sure either way it will be headed out sooon.
[snapback]152785[/snapback]​

Ready on my end. :) :thumbs:

Mephiston said:
26. cohiba Espendido Isom/la aurora platinum
I realize that I'm responding a bit late (and possibly too late), but at the risk of seeming the like pass nit-pick, K-boy was denied some of his P's & T's because of the non-isom for isom factor.
while Mephiston is offering up a lovely smoke as his put for the isom he's taking, it seems like the "rules" should remain consistant, so as to be fair to the others who've abided by them thus far.

of course Mojo has the final say, but I just thought I'd point that out.

So, I'll leave it up for discussion by the group here, but I think that Mephison's P&Ts were not out of line. Having recently picked up a La Aurora retail at a local shop over the holidays, I can attest to the fact that they're definitely premium priced smokes. Additionally, I don't know my Cohibas very well, but I assumed the Triangulo was an ISOM. So, I though between these two P&Ts, things were pretty square. Unless someone has some really good data to share here, I'd call things good here.

30. AF anejo shark/ cohiba triangulo

Mojo said:
So, I'll leave it up for discussion by the group here, but I think that Mephison's P&Ts were out of line. Having recently picked up a La Aurora retail at a local shop over the holidays, I can attest to the fact that they're definitely premium priced smokes. Additionally, I don't know my Cohibas very well, but I assumed the Triangulo was an ISOM. So, I though between these two P&Ts, things were pretty square. Unless someone has some really good data to share here, I'd call things good here.

[snapback]153127[/snapback]​
Never heard of a Hiba Triangulo b4. I also saw the disparity, but you had already let it go. So I figured, your pass, your rules.

Mojo said:
So, I'll leave it up for discussion by the group here, but I think that Mephison's P&Ts were out of line. Having recently picked up a La Aurora retail at a local shop over the holidays, I can attest to the fact that they're definitely premium priced smokes. Additionally, I don't know my Cohibas very well, but I assumed the Triangulo was an ISOM. So, I though between these two P&Ts, things were pretty square. Unless someone has some really good data to share here, I'd call things good here.

[snapback]153127[/snapback]​
I definitely had no intention of making a big deal out of it.
I, too, picked up a La Aurora (gold tube) a couple weeks back. haven't smoked it yet, but it sure looks and smells gorgeous!

for whatever it's worth, the Cohiba Triangulo is a dominican cigar.

either way, your call Mojo.

Not sure what they msrp but the Triangulo is A great cigar and I paid 20.00 for it. If there is A problem let me know for sure I dont want any drama. The reason for the Isom to american Is I Dont have any Isoms yet still to new to the game. If that A prob also let me know I can switch out easy enough or even just toss in an extra stick. ;) I saw that the Isom was mojos originally and thats why my freebe for him was generous as well. not to mention I thought it would be A really good New years eve smoke for mojo.

Guys --

I did a quick bit of research here. The upshot is that I'm going to call Mephison's P&Ts good. Here's what I found:

Cohiba Espendido (ISOM) can be had from a reputible source that advertises on this board for $19.20.

Holts sells the La Aurora Platinum for $16.16

I wasn't easily able to find a price for the Anejo, but a quick search here has Moki indicating MSRP is $11.33 (I believe that AF has instituted a price hike on all its cigars, but this is what I could find) though he got them for ~$9 at the time.

A Cohiba Triangulo from Famous Smoke goes for $11.

In total here, just looking at these two trades, we're talking about a difference of $3.

Custano ($1.25) - Indian tabac diesel ($2-3)

Zino Platinum Scepter ($11.40, wasn't sure what size, but went with Low Rider from Holts) - Partaga Limited Reserve Royale ($10.00 Holts)

Felipe Gregorio Fat Boy - Hansotia Ancient Warrior -- didn't bother to look up, but considered them even.

Additionally, a Forbidden X was included into the host bag. However, excluding this stick from the mix, we're talking about a difference of less than $3 for the 5 stick trade. I think this isn't egregious considering that 3 of the 5 sticks are $10+ cigars.

I know that there are a couple schools of thought on the proper protocol for P&Ts and that one particular school is of the mind that put something that as closely matches the price of the stick you take. No more, no less. I'm not a big subscriber to this particular school. In the pass rules that I included with the pass, I intentionally left it open -- asking that if there is a question of equality, shoot me a note or ask the group. Mephiston PM'd me and asked if I had any issues. I indicated I did not after taking a look at his list. After giving it more thorough review I continue to think his P&Ts were fair.

Mephiston said:
Not sure what they msrp but the Triangulo is A great cigar and I paid 20.00 for it. If there is A problem let me know for sure I dont want any drama. The reason for the Isom to american Is I Dont have any Isoms yet still to new to the game. If that A prob also let me know I can switch out easy enough or even just toss in an extra stick. ;) I saw that the Isom was mojos originally and thats why my freebe for him was generous as well. not to mention I thought it would be A really good New years eve smoke for mojo.
[snapback]153189[/snapback]​
there's not a problem, per se, unless Mojo says there is. I was just looking out for the integrity of this pass in general.
having said that, actually, the Cohiba Esplendido came from me, Mephiston, and since I have more of them, if it works out that you don't take the one from the pass, I'd be happy to work something out on the side so you'd end up with a couple of them anyway. ;)

In your quote you removed NOT from mojos original writing. That changes the entire meaning. As I can see this is not going away I'll just switch out tomorrow or add A stick if thats cool.

Mephiston said:
In your quote you removed NOT from mojos original writing. That changes the entire meaning.
I'm not sure who you're talking to, or what, specifically, you're talking about. please clarify.

The way the paper work read it seemed that mojo placed the ISOM but I stand corrected.

Mephiston said:
As I can see this is not going away I'll just switch out tomorrow or add A stick if thats cool.
[snapback]153202[/snapback]​
it's not that "it is not going away", it's simply being discussed. there's no drama here, just communication. Mojo already gave you the OK for your P&T's. go with what he says.

would've been nice to have some input from the other pass participants, though.

See post 187 and 188 In mojos it says that the p and t's were not out of line. Now in emods It says p's and t's were(NOT) out of line with the NOT excluded. So it says were out of line.

Mephiston said:
See post 187 and 188 In mojos it says that the p and t's were not out of line. Now in emods It says p's and t's were(NOT) out of line with the NOT excluded. So it says were out of line.
[snapback]153210[/snapback]​
IMHO the La Aurora is not a replacement fo the Cohiba. Price wise it may be comperable to some. But it is not normally allowed for someone to take a ISOM w/o putting one. Second, while the Cohiba maybe a good smoke, the Sharks are top of the line and they are hard to come by. Just my .02 cents.

Emo

puffnstuff said:
Mephiston said:
As I can see this is not going away I'll just switch out tomorrow or add A stick if thats cool.
[snapback]153202[/snapback]​
it's not that "it is not going away", it's simply being discussed. there's no drama here, just communication. Mojo already gave you the OK for your P&T's. go with what he says.

would've been nice to have some input from the other pass participants, though.
[snapback]153207[/snapback]​

The other particapants would have spoke up I'm sure if they had problems. The Drama I mentioned was not pointed toward yourself. Its when Someone changes a quote to make it look as if something else entirely was said. I will change out the Isom trade for another cigar since it has been mentioned and Is A part of CP rules.
The reason for that trade in the first place was To pick up an Isom. This I have spoke of with Mojo in pms before I ever recieved the pass.

Mephiston writes: See post 187 and 188 In mojos it says that the p and t's were not out of line. Now in emods It says p's and t's were(NOT) out of line with the NOT excluded. So it says were out of line.

Sorry guys, this is my mistake. I left out the "not" in my original message. When I reread it just a minute or two later I saw I omitted a word and edited it. However, Puff is Mister fast fingers :) and quoted my original text before I could get it replaced.

To put the issue of Mephiston to rest -- I think we're square here. I'm okay with Mephiston's play here. As he mentioned, he was looking to pick up an ISOM out of the pass. I know that some passes require an ISOM for ISOM swap, but I didn't make that a requirement of the pass and I think looking at Mephiston's trades as a whole, they're adequate. Let's move on and smoke some cigars. :D If anyone in the pass genuinely feels that they've been preempted by this particular play, let me know via PM and I'll make it right.