• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy hygro. difference!

Tony Bones

Grundalier
I calibrated the hygro. that came w/ my 40 count humi using the salt technique and it was almost dead on. Cool.

Well, being the gadget guy I am, I purchased a digital as well. Tossed that sucker in and let it sit for a day and I'll be damned! It is eight percent off from the the salt tested one.

Which should I trust?

I would trust the salt tested one. But I would also salt test the digital. Digital are not always dead on just b/c they are digital. They should be calibrated too.

I have 3 digital's, and they all given different readings when testing with the salt test. :(

None of them are adjustable (none of the digital's I have that is)

Mine range from 4% to 8% off :( I calibrated them using the salt test and used a little tape and marked how off they were :( BTW: I tested all of them at the same time in the same bag so I know they are all different.

Its almost easier just to go by how the cigars smoke... You'll soon learn how you like 'em, a little more wet, a little more dry, etc. Sorry this doesnt help, but at least its honest.