• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hookahs

Outsidesmoke

This Friday I was talking with a friend about cigars and he asked me if I had ever smoked hookah. The conversation ended with us going to the nearest Hookah Lounge and for about $20 bucks ($10 entrance plus tobacco) we stayed there for a couple hours and watched some HD TV.

Being a cigar smoker, the sweetness and the flavor really surprised me. By the end of the night I felt like I was going to puke. I felt like I just ate 100 of those giant lollipops.

Has anyone else ever tried hookah before?

I have a hookah lounge 20 min from. Two nights a week they have live music. A friends band used to play every other month and we would go hang out. I enjoyed it, def. get you light headed. It was fun while it lasted and I probably would do it again, but wouldn't go out of my way to.

Hookahs are very cheap but often lack complexity that you can get from a cigar... Also, at least in the teenage crowd, a hookah is pretty much thought of as another way to smoke pot :p I smoke from a hookah probably once a week, a lot of my friends own one, myself included. The price for smoking for 4-5 hours is much cheaper than smoking 4-5 cigars. Personally I wouldn't pay 20 bucks to sit down a smoke a hookah for a few hours, you can grab a pouch for 5 bucks which will last days. Smells good in the house, too!

The light headed thing stops coming back after a while.

I did a couple of years at a Hooka Bar in Georgetown. They had Egyption food and I brought my own bottle of a great 18Yr old scotch, so I have to say after drinking that bottle with my little brother and sister I really can't tell you if I liked it or not, but I think I did.

A couple of years back I took a solo trip to Vegas in ended up in a Hookah bar in one of the hotel. It cool to lay back and make some new friends but I agree I don't find the flavor all that complex (i.e. like a cigar). I also had an opportunity to hang out with Lar Tetens and smoke a hookah with him and a few of his business associates. I think listening to all his stories was a lot more interesting than the Hookha.

wait so you are saying they smoke Tobacco out of there hookah :whistling: Hmm we never did Boy that was a long time ago rp

I tried Hookah once, but found out I didn't really like it at all. It really is like smoking a bunch of candy.

I've had the pleasure of owning a couple of hookahs and I've found them to be very enjoyable. The Vegas scene has several hookah lounges and like most cigar bars here they aren't cheap. Smoking hookah is a very different experience than cigars, and can definitely not be done for a continous period of time like a fine cigar otherwise regarless of food intake you will have a terrible headache and probably get sick to your stomach. The best hookah is no match for a great cigar.

On one of my deployments I had the good fortune to go off base-- our deployed location wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan, but rather one of the support bases in a slightly more friendly Middle Eastern country. After exploring a bit, my friends and I went to a local restaurant-- Layallay I think it was called. After a great meal of local fare, the waiters brought out four hookahs. It was certainly an experience, but even the cappuccino flavored one couldn't hold a candle to the smoking enjoyment from a good cigar.

Hookahs are also popular deployment souvenirs, however the few times I’ve tried them with friends they just haven’t been as good as they were after that trip to that restaurant. I usually switch to a cigar at some point.

Edit for punctuation.

When we were in Turkey we got a nice one. Pretty and all that...man I sound like a chic

Melly

Yeah, I smoked one with Jorge Padron one time, hehe, no kiddin'.

OpusXKC had one burning most of the day at the Padron Event at The Outlaw in May.

I don't care too much for them, and I don't think he really did either, but I can't say it was bad....it was different and I'm sure I'd hit it again if I were around it.

Tried one once after a nice meal. Very sweet and light smoke. Had a splitting headache the next day. I might try one again, but I'll be cautious.

I used to smoke a hookah occasionally while living overseas. It's a nice thing when you have a bunch of friends or with any get-togethers. Tastes pretty nice, but it's too much work (with the cleaning, setting up, etc...)

After a while, I just switch to a cigar.

I actually have a hookah that I'm smoking right now. It's relaxing but I appreciate the complexity of a cigar. Also, unlike a cigar, the taste of hookah tobacco doesn't change over time. The great thing about hookah is that the smoke is so light that you can smoke it inside without the lingering smell of stale smoke. If I could find a good solution for smoking my cigars in doors (without the lingering smell of smoke), the hookah would be gone!

It sounds like you have to get John (Johnny-O!) to get you guys some of his mystery cigar tobacco to put in there....maybe that would increase the "complexity" factor a bit for a more enjoyable smoking experience :thumbs:.....or produce projectile vomiting!

Haha, thanks for the fair warning. I think I'll just light up a cigar if I'm looking for a smoke that I can appreciate. ;)

Yeah, I smoked one with Jorge Padron one time, hehe, no kiddin'.

OpusXKC had one burning most of the day at the Padron Event at The Outlaw in May.

I don't care too much for them, and I don't think he really did either, but I can't say it was bad....it was different and I'm sure I'd hit it again if I were around it.

That is where I tried it for the first time also. I found it to be surprisingly smooth. I liked it OK. I'd do it again if someone happened to have it, but I wouldn't invest in one myself.