• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hope all my BOTLS in the US are safe.

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Hoping all the brothers and sisters are safe and on dry ground.

Shawn

I am right there with you on thinking of the folks down south. We are flooded all over the place and haven't seen the sun in weeks but we need to keep perspective about our complaining about that minor annoyance. What happened in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Tennessee (and probably other states) is truly tragic. My thoughts go out to those who have been affected.

Thanks guys and I hope my fellow southerners are putting their lives back together. We have not had power in about 32 hrs so it's a hassle, but we still have our lives which is more than some...so tragic. Please pray or send positive thoughts towards the south. They will greatly appreciate it.

HUGS

Melly

They are in our thoughts and prayers. We have family in AR so it's been kind of tense around home here.

Glad you are ok Mel. Some really scary pictures coming off the news today!

My company has a tech stuck in AL this morning, says he cant leave because he cant buy gas anywhere.

Thanks for the concern. We spent over an hour in the bathroom while sirens went off. Pretty scary, but luckily that was all there was too it.

Afternoon all. I live in Trussville, Alabama. We were right in the direct line of the major tornado that destroyed many parts of this great state but it decided to make its way several miles north of us just a few minutes before it was supposed to hit. I can tell you all first hand that the devastation down here is very surreal. The term "it looks like a war zone" never really meant much to me before this week. I am very thankful that all of my family, friends, and co-workers came out unharmed. Many were not so lucky. There are entire small, one horse, kinds of towns that were literally wiped off the map. Just to give you an idea of the power of this thing, we live over 70 miles from Tuscaloosa, which was the first Alabama town that took a major blow. That tornado carried debris of all kinds and dropped it in areas all around the town I live in. A friend found a bag of business receipts from a KFC in Tuscaloosa in his front yard.... 70 + miles away!
Keep the folks all throughout the southern states in your prayers as it will take some time recover from this one.

We are fine. Several co-workers had serious damage and destroyed houses, but the families are safe. I think there was one fatality in the county. So we did alot better than others. Glad you guys are safe Mel and BGlover.

My best friend just called and sent pics where his 18 wheeler got hit, said the front glass blew out right in his face. Dudes okay other than some bruises and scratches on the eyes. Out of the hospital and now resting in a local hotel...somewheres in Virginia. Just glat my brother's okay.

Whats happening in many parts of the midwest and other parts has been making our news as well, my thoughts go out to all my B/SOTL where ever you may be living.
Stay safe my friends,damn those twisters.

Shaun.

Mel,
Glad to see another B'HAM person on here. Obviously I'm new to the board and fairly new to the B'HAM area. Been here 3 years now. Not digging the weather activity during the springtime here.
Glad you and yours made it through alright and hope they got your power back on today!!

yeah i have a cousin in NC that her apt complex got hit in the first round. Her and her kids hid in a closet cause they didnt know what to do. When they they opened the closet door, they could see the sky the roof was ripped off and the apt destroyed. thank the big man they weren't hurt but they were homeless for a couple days until we were able to find them some where else to live and with this new round coming through they are so scared it could happen again.

i hope all others are safe.