• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Horror Picture...... (not for the faint of heart)

This makes me sick. It looks like about 4-5 boxes of cigars so far. Almost exclusively cuban. Some of them will be smokable after they come out of the freezer.... about half are a total lost. :( These were all boxes that I have had for many years.... buried in the back of the humi. SLR pc 98, Boli Imensa 97, R&J pc's 98.... I feel like I've just lost a family member.

If there's a good side to this its that I didn't lose anything that I can't replace. All of the ultra rare/premium appears OK.

Here's a few more pic's. The first one is all of the cigars wrapped up. I rewrapped them again with another freezer bag and off to the fridge. Tomorrow they will go into the deep freezer.

MVC-009F.JPG

The next two pictures are of live beetles. Note the wings on the second picture.

MVC-010F.JPG

MVC-012F.JPG

And finally.... what that SOB looks like after I stuck my thumb in its ear. :)

MVC-011F.JPG

I don't know what this says about me as a person but I feel worse reading this than I do when I read about peoples family members geting ill.

Edited for a typo.

Allofus123 said:
Here's a few more pic's. The first one is all of the cigars wrapped up. I rewrapped them again with another freezer bag and off to the fridge. Tomorrow they will go into the deep freezer.

[snapback]186502[/snapback]​

Yowch.

I saw a hole in one of the cigars in the ziploc. So you can still smoke a cigar if it only has a few holes in it? Is it a subjective judgement? Also not sure if what I saw was a hole.

Thanks for the pics, and keep us updated.

Smoking them depends on how extensive the damage is. Some you can cut the damaged holes off and others you can smoke sorta like playing a flute...... use your fingers to cover up the holes until you burn pass them. I'm sure the next question is won't the cigars taste funny? Actually, if you smoke cuban cigars you've most likely have smoked beetle eggs. No taste effect.

Looks like I'll have to go through my cigars every 3 or 4 days for the next month or so. :(

Anyone want to do a trade? :whistling: :sign:

Allofus123 said:
Smoking them depends on how extensive the damage is. Some you can cut the damaged holes off and others you can smoke sorta like playing a flute...... use your fingers to cover up the holes until you burn pass them. I'm sure the next question is won't the cigars taste funny? Actually, if you smoke cuban cigars you've most likely have smoked beetle eggs. No taste effect.

Looks like I'll have to go through my cigars every 3 or 4 days for the next month or so. :(

Anyone want to do a trade? :whistling: :sign:
[snapback]186520[/snapback]​

Funny you should say that about covering up the holes. That's what distinguishes "ultra light" cigarettes from the regular, are small perforations in the wrapper right in front of the filter, which allows air to mix with the smoke. thing is, smokers unconsciously learn to "block" the holes by holding the cigarette just right, thereby getting a better nicotine kick and negating the effects of the "ultra lightness" It's a minor controversy by smoking opponents.

Anyways keep us posted.

I just found out that I got hit today by the beetle bug as well...fortunatly for me..I only lost 5 cigars...

3 Cohiba sigilo 4's
2 cao Criollos...

anybody have any references on how to properly freezw them and for how long???

dude...when i saw those pictures I wept openly....then I raced outside and stomped on the first bug I could find just out of principle...then I ran inside to my humi and looked through everything again and again...now I will go and have nightmares.

:0 :( :0 :( :0 :(

Damn sorry to hear about your beetle problem Kenny!

I liked the pic of the smashed beetle :D

You should put his dead body on a tiny stick in front of your stach as a warning to all beetles that may try to mess with you in the future.

Well if that doesn't suck the big one, I don't know what does.....

That is one ugly mess :( Now I am off to my humi to rifle through the inventory.

Other than keeping the temp right what else do you do to prevent such a travesty from happening again?

Kenny so sorry for the loss.

I was thinking about an inventory check, now it is definitely in order. Had one non Cuban with a hole last year after leaving it in the travel humidor in the car in the sun. Other than that no problems this year yet. But, precautions and inspections must be taken. That was one disgusting photo bro.

Edited: Knock on wood.

the only explanation i can offer is that the beetles were alive before you got the cigars. most domestic cigars are flash frozen to kill bugs. isoms on the other hand are not. so if they lived before you got them your climate control would not have helped anyway.

sorry for the loss

dude get all those cigars and ALL that dust away from everything in your house!!!

the dust isnt just chewed tobacco its larva. clean and damp dust everything!!!!

That's just wrong on so many levels.

For the ones that you cann't save. Bring them outside and warm them up. Let the little buggers hatch and then burn the whole pile.

gatorsmg said:
You should put his dead body on a tiny stick in front of your stach as a warning to all beetles that may try to mess with you in the future.
[snapback]186594[/snapback]​

That is really funny :laugh:

Not the beetles mind you. That is very sad indeed! Sorry for your loss. Now I wonder how many beetle larve I have smoked.