• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hosting Smokers

SkyKing

I've been hosting men's smokers at my home once a month or so, drawing from a Catholic organization, neighbors and acquaintances.

The diversity has been incredible. We've had everyone from nuclear physicists to rescue divers to IT geeks to authors to property managers to lay philosophers and theologians to priests and authors and pilots.

We usually get around 8 or 9 attendees. I usually serve single malt scotches, a couple of craft beers and a platter of  hors d'oeuvres aka cheese, crackers and sausage slices.

We had a farewell smoker for one of our gang last Saturday, I served Laphroaig Single Malt and offered aged year old 59's and JR MonteCristo aged for 18 month, to an Opux X for the guest of honor. We also smoked some Annie 64's, Prensados and others. One of the guests showed up with a bottle of JW Blue and a box of Padrons and Russian cigars - which weren't bad. Pipes are also starting to show up. No cigarettes are smoked though not officially banned.

Along with the drinks, smoke, food and coversation, we viewed some old videos of American Blues artists, filmed live in Europe in the sixties.  Sadly, the American networks didn't take blues artists seriously, so very, very little American footage is extant.

Next time, I'll send out an invite for other BOTL on the board and perhaps take some pics. But I will say my guests aren't usually regular smokers but they do enjoy the occasional fine cigar and whiskey and the chance for men to get together and should the breeze.

It's also interesting how many repeat guest have bought very special bottles of whiskeys and smokes that they share generously - and most often leave some behind, which means stocking up for the next event is a little easier.

I once opened the smoker to women and several of them complained about the smoke. I'm old enough that I wasn't surprised but these are now officially men's events.

This concludes my weekend report.

Sounds like a lot of fun and an interesting time.  Keep it up!

I'm hosting one Saturday with guys from my church, so sad to see only 3 out of 7 RSVP yes. :(

Just had the last three drop out tonight, so yeah party of one...again.

I actually miss hosting these. Last year I was doing a Dominos (game), take out and cigars weekly. On average was about 4-6 people. I'm thinking about starting it up again but this time playing Poker. I have to admit though that Dominos is more fun.