• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hot Sauces

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
I am a hot sauce slut. I love hot stuff. I eat it with almost everything. I eat mild flavorful stuff and really hot Habanero sauce. The full range of the spectrum.

I also make hot sauces and pepper vinegars too. I planted 13 varieties of peppers last year from bell to habanero's.

Texas Pete is made here in NC and isn't available everywhere. I sent Wade some a few weeks back. He said he likes it. We eat it by the gallons here. :)

What is your favorite and where can it be obtained?

Also, if you have a favorite recipe please share it.

picname1097375.jpg

Pace.
First tried it in 1967, when my college roomie (from San Antonio) turned me on to it. Been eating it ever since.

Hey Steven - Check out http://www.chilepepper.com/ in case you haven't already. This is a great, great, great magazine :thumbs:

My favorite new discovery is hananero-pickled garlic cloves...YUM-MEEE. We get them in SC near the Carowinds exit.

I'am really likeing the new Tabasco Garlic and you can never have too much Sriracha!

Cheers,
Dixie

Scoville Scale

Frank's RedHot Original 450
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce 284
Frank's RedHotXTRA Hot 2,085
TABASCO® -Red 3,050
Texas Pete® 747
Louisiana® 785
Durkee® 493
Crystal® hot sauce 375
Wingers® hot sauce 350
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sandwich Sauce 305
Frank's RedHot Gold Fever Zing Sauce 272

I’ve been eating hot sauce since I was a freshman in college. I can eat 99.9% of the hot sauces out there without a drink of water, beer, or milk. However, that 0.1% can be found here. THIS IS THE HOTTEST SAUCE I’VE EVER HAD! If you buy some and decide to try it use a toothpick (just the very tip!).

fllbrent said:
I’ve been eating hot sauce since I was a freshman in college. I can eat 99.9% of the hot sauces out there without a drink of water, beer, or milk. However, that 0.1% can be found here. THIS IS THE HOTTEST SAUCE I’VE EVER HAD! If you buy some and decide to try it use a toothpick (just the very tip!).
Damn 7.1 Million Scoville units!!!!!!! Are you left with any tastebuds after that??

Golden Iguana hands down.

Not the hottest. The best flavored.

I am a chili head. Glad to find a few others here at cp. One of my favorite site is hothothot.com. Good selection & prices. I prefer chipolte based sauces with almost anything.

Tobasco is the best, crystal is good but not as hot. Both made in Louisiana :D

I'm not a hot sauce type-o-guy BUT I gotta second TripleD's "Tobasco" vote.
I use it in my Bloody Marias. That's a Bloody Mary with tequila instead of vodka for those who don't prefer the "punch" of tequila in your Bloody Marys :thumbs:

Hot sauce!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't eat eggs without it.

Tabasco is a standby but vinegar has its drawbacks in some places.
Dave's Insanity sauce has great flavor to go with amazing heat.

For chips and stuff prefer a sauce with a carrot base instead of tomato.

Brother in law plants many varieties and makes homemade salsa "Ed's Dioxin"

I'd have to agree with Dave's Insanity sauce as being probably one of the hotest I've had but flavor wise, I'm not sure. The wife and I also eat everything with hot sauce. The next time you have corn on the cob, try some hot Crystals on it and you'll be amazed at the great flavor it brings out in the corn....... :D :thumbs: :p

The above post wasn't from Big100HD but it was from me. He's down here in Sunny Central Florida for Bike Week and I didn't realize he was logged on till I post the comment about the "Hot sauce on corn". I did forget to mention it though that at any time, you can find 5 to 10 different kinds of hot sauces in our fridge to to kick up the heat on anything.... :D :thumbs: :p

Da Bomb.One or two drops on a plate of eggs,too much ,no fun at all.Franks on everything.Yes.

SD_Stack said:
Texas Pete is made here in NC and isn't available everywhere. I sent Wade some a few weeks back. He said he likes it. We eat it by the gallons here. :)
"Texas Pete" damn, that's just spicy kechup. :p Jamician Hell Fire is the chit. Not the red either, just the green. Pure peppers, no tomatoes to ruin the flavor. ;)

Dave's is my favorite sauce. The "TEMPORARY INSANITY HOT SAUCE" makes killer wings.