• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hot Sauces

For me it really depends on what I am eating. I like having tabasco or tapatilla with eggs. I will use insanity sauce or some other super hot additive for flavoring up a soup or chili base, but never just on my food. And I also agree that Sriracha is awesome for Asian food.

I have about 10 bottles of different hot sauces. My taste changes every so often so I like to try whatevers around.

Scroned Woman
Green Iguana
Da Bomb
ONE F@CKIN' DROP AT A TIME

..are just a few I like.

A friend of mine convinced me to try a drop of Daves off a cocktail stirrer one night when we were out boozing. I should have known by the bartenders snickering that I was in trouble. I never thought one drop could burn so much. My nose ran for half an hour.

Melindas XXXX Reserve Habanero sauce is probably my favorite hot sauce ever. It is not the hottest, but it has an excellent flavor. To me eating the hottest hot sauce you can find is like putting the biggest tires you can on a truck you just drive in the city, sure it is something you could brag about, but it is just a pain in the ass.

I do enjoy Daves Insanity Sauce, but I think Melindas just has so much better flavor.

xxxxhot.jpg

Website

Tabasco Habenero sauce is excellent...VERY HOT, but if used in moderation, has a very nice kick n' flavor.

Man, for about 10 seconds, I had hope that Stack was back on CP...

ALostTexan

I dont really care on brand but Like the color of the suace to be: GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,GREEN,

I don't care for hot sauces. They impart too much of their own flavor to the food. I prefer dried hot chile flakes, added after the food is prepared.

Doc.

Dave's Private Reserve which comes in a coffin-shaped package and has been reported variously as from 500,000 to 750,000 Scoville units. How's that for hot?

I have some of Dave's Private Reserve. It packs quite a punch.
This is a damn fine sauce for less than $3. El Yucateco Red Habanero. You can find it in some Mexican restaurants.
mexgrocer19184082706pn2.gif

I don't care for hot sauces. They impart too much of their own flavor to the food.

The flavor is the main reason I use hot sauces. I just can't get enough habanero flavor. We used to grow them, so I grew up eating them fresh, roasted :love: , or made into sauces and salsas.