• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hotmail & Live email accounts now banned at CP

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using a hotmail or live email account, please update your profile to another email address other than hotmail/live.

Microsoft has implemented certain spam filters which are affecting millions of good/non-spam emails. In order to become compliant with M$ they are requiring website owners sign up with some spam monitoring service. Not gonna happen. There are thousands of admins who are now blocking hotmail/live for this reason. We already use spam monitoring, just not the ones M$ has requested.

So, if you want CP notifications and already have an account here, please update your email account to something other than a Micro$oft email address. Thanks.

PS - I will release the ban once M$ wakes up and see's that their new implementation is doing more harm than good for them.

My name is Josh and I approve this message.

If your decision affects my M$ stock price, so help me God we're going to have some words, Rod. :angry:

:D

Moe, better sell that stock before they release M$8. Dovorak thinks they will make a big poop pile.

Is there a news article or something with details on this? Seems kind of... odd...

I doubt it's newsworthy. This has been discussed on admin forums I'm part of. I verified only hotmail is blocking incoming emails as I'm not signed up with the spam monitoring service of their choice.

It's called MS smart screen filtering. I'm not jumping through hoops for M$.

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx

http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/questions/287/Why+is+hotmail+Blocking%7B47%7DJunking+my+mail%3F

Funny that my hotmail/live email accounts are full of spam, yet my gmail account never receives spam to the inbox, and I don't miss legit emails either. M$ is too big, and their quality suffers -- nothing new.

Just for the heck of it, I submitted a ticket to M$ requesting they remove the ban. We'll see what they say.

Funny that my hotmail/live email accounts are full of spam, yet my gmail account never receives spam to the inbox, and I don't miss legit emails either. M$ is too big, and their quality suffers -- nothing new.

Too cheap to pay for their own liscence ? lol

M$ responded to my ticket and said that I need to sign up for "smart screen" - forget that. M$'s inability to filter out spam is their own problem.

Everyday I'm happier and happier that I made the switch to Apple/Mac.

If WIndows 8 truly is a flop, then M$ is keeping with tradition of releasing every other OS as a POS.