• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How accurate are these things

Salt test it. There is no way for any of us to know. Report back.

I have a different unit from the same manufacturer.

I salt tested the three remote sensors and all were within 3% of the predicted 75% value (and all were low, so maybe I didn't do the salt test exactly correct). I did not salt test the main unit because it is too large to fit in my humidors, so why bother.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with my products from them. The remote sensors are small enough to fit in a humidor and can be sensed anywhere in my house.

I have 3 sensors that I salt test regularly. The accuracy seems to change over time (batteries maybe). One sensor is spot on, one is -2% and one is -4% currently. When I first got them they were all within 2% off

Thanks for the replies guys I salt tested the unit and its off by +2. I figure the accuracy on the adjustable digital units is +/- 2 even after calibration so this one is pretty close to being spot on as it gets. Plus I'm never really sure with the salt test I guess you can never be too accurate with guessing how much water goes in to the salt you used.

Plus I'm never really sure with the salt test I guess you can never be too accurate with guessing how much water goes in to the salt you used.

That's one of the reasons why I like the Boveda packs. The other is that with as much as hygro accuracy can vary through different humidities, I like that they make one that creates a 65% environment. My two OS sensors in the 65% Boveda show 65 and 66, so I couldn't be happier.

I have had the base plus 3 units for about 2 years. From time to time I swap them around to see if there is any change and it's negligible. I don't keep salt testing
them because they don't vary. Besides, I have several pounds of 65% RH beads in different areas of both humidors, 4 1/2 in one, 3 in the other.

Brian