• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How are Savinelli cigars?

loanshark

Body of a member. Heart of a Newbie
I was just wondering if anyone has tried and Savinelli cigars. I have a few Sav. Pipes and they smoke great but what about the cigars. The price is very reasonable but how is the quality? If worth it I would love to add some to my hummi.

Mike

Pretty good cigar. Many locals carry them so you might want to try a single or two before springing for a box.

I'm not to crazy about them,but most really enjoy them. But then again the one I smoked was right after my wife's cooking and the smoke I had right after dinner didn't taste to great either. So maybe it was just after taste from my wifes food.??? :(

Depends on which Savinelli you are referring to:

ELR - very mild dominican; at one time rolled by the Fuentes...don't know if it still is; flavorful and creamy

Nicaraguan - medium-bodied, sweet nicaraguan tobacco taste, the couple I tried were a little bitter; well constructed

Fuerte - not very fuerte, medium-bodied, rich with some wood notes and toastiness; did not develop very much and burned hot

Oro - don't believe they make this anymore; my favorite of the line, dark, almost maduro wrapper; blend of nic and honduran tobacco; rich, charred flavors and coffee

There is also a special aged line of the Nicaraguan blend available some places. Hope this helps.

The ELR is a fine smoke, albeit a bit overpriced; I believe the MSRP is well north of $200/box. If you can find them under 200, then they are worth purchasing.

One of the great losses to the bargain cigar world was the retirement of the Savinelli "Second". Often seen on CBid in the past, you would have been hard-pressed to see how it had been judged a second. Marked with a little "2" on the band, if they appeared again I would jump on them.

Got a 1/2 box of the special select toros. Definitely not a bad smoke, and a low price tag always helps. On the mild side but nice flavor and tons o' smoke :thumbs:

Thanks for the help I will see if I can get some Signals and give them a try. :cool: