• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How CP Saved my New Years!

Ty Atkinson

After quite a few drinks and not alot to eat i found myself entering the new year with a Excalibur Maduro not anything special but im sure i could of done worse.

I enjoyed it completly down to the nub, then it slowly hit me, the natious head spinning, shaking feeling that stopped me in my tracks.
I left the party early finding my way to the bed crawling up into a little ball in more pain then any ammount of alcohol has ever done to me.

Somehow i made it to sleep but woke up shortly later with the porcelian goddess calling my name, i had to be a site for sore eyes a 250 pound man crippled by a cigar.
Even after the visit to the goddess i was still in a world of pain and had no earthly idea what i did so wrong to put me where i was.

So i had a thought that i couldnt be the first person this kind of thing has happened too so i hit the search button on these forumn, finding many threads and quite a few explanations, tips and tricks on how to help.
A very good point i did see was replies about people that have a lot of saliva when smoking and swallowing it never would of thought of that one.

Well needless to say after a couple spoonfulls of sugar and some crackers i began to feel like a new man that learned a valuable lesson!

Thanks to everyone here for turning a nightmare into a painfull lesson!

That is definitely a terrible feeling. It has happened to me a few times. After smoking for 5 or 6 years now I still consider myself a little bit of a lightweight.

I would recommend putting on a dramamine patch an hour before smoking. That should stop the boat from rocking. LMAO :laugh:

See, search IS the answer! :D Glad you got to feeling better. Pop/Soda also works, too, if you want to drink something while smoking.

-John

I like to usually keep some Wonka NERDS around. They do the trick nicely for some reason.

I keep several wrapped peppermints in my pocket for this exact reason. You can pick them up from most restaurants as you exit their premises.

When you start to get that feeling, (light headed, queasy stomach) pop one in your mouth and let it dissolve. Takes about 5 minutes and you began to feel much better.

Over the years, it has saved several nights from being disasters. ;)

.......Happy New Years to you & yours......

Pfft. lightweight.

I EAT my strong cigars!

Chuck Norris and Spad...like peas and carrots, we are.

Trey

Like others have mentioned, a sweet drink, candy, or mint are good things to keep on hand. I generally have a Coke, Pepsi, or sweetened iced tea on hand when I smoke. Just yesterday at my B&M, they had a basket out with dried fruit and nuts. It was nice to nibble on that while smoking too.

Huh!

I never knew about the sweets being a cure for a cigar that kicks your butt. Weird, I guess I'll have to remember that.

Havent had one kick my butt in a while though, i almost always spit profusely or drink something with the smoke.

The more you know...

You mean i didn't have to stand in the rain walking it off? :0

So i think this proves with someones misery comes knowledge!

Definatly brings the Spit or Swallow term in context.
Oh what you learn!