• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you touch up a cigar?

flamchop said:

I'll hold the cigar perfectly vertical and take a few puffs or gently blow through the stick while It's held that way.

I never even thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense, I'll have to try that next time.  

And what the others said about a good initial toasting of the foot is true.  This makes me wonder, how most of you initially light your smokes.  I have my routine, but sometimes I think I'm way overdoing it.  We should post videos.

I like that Idea I am curious to see how others light as well.

Agreed. I want to see what everyone thinks when I dip myn in tiki torch fuel first to help keep it burning, not to mention there never seems to be any bugs around.....

Not A Nice Person said:
A good even toasting routine pre-light, and slowing down a bit (and not drawing quite so hard) usually eliminates most of the problem . . . and like everyone else, an occasional touchup with a single flame torch lighter does the rest.

Don't underestimate the value of toasting.  Once I started paying real attention to my technique there, most of my burn problems stopped.

~Boar
This is one of the most important lessons I ever learned. Toasting it properly is the key, most of the time. If it starts out even a bit uneven, it is going to get wonky. A light purge, and a tap with a torch is good. Purging too hard could create a tunnel, but done properly, it can help straighten a burn, amongst other things. You can also  bring a soft flame up to the cigar while purging.

Purging with a soft flame is a part of my cigar smoking routine, even if the cigar is burning good. I purge once, when the cigar is just past the halfway point.