• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long should I age my fresh ISOM's

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Just put in an order for a split w/ a friend. I'll be seeing a few of each of the following:

- Montecristo No.2
- Hoyo Piramides EL 2003
- Cohiba Esplendidos
- Partagas Lusitanias
- RyJ Churchills

What is a reasonable amount of time in the humi before smoking? Thanks fellas.

I'm assuming they are all from 2003? I'd say a year or two.

The Monte #2's are GREAT right now (assuming they are 03's)

So are the HDM EL's

The esplendido's need some time, IMO a few years

I havent had an 03 Lusi but I am assuming you might wanna try one then lay the rest back for at least 6 months or MORE + + +

IMO RyJ Churchills are always good.

A couple of years will help ANY Havana IMO. But the Monte #2's and Hoyo EL's are really good right now as well.

Tony Bones said:
Just put in an order for a split w/ a friend. I'll be seeing a few of each of the following:

- Montecristo No.2
- Hoyo Piramides EL 2003
- Cohiba Esplendidos
- Partagas Lusitanias
- RyJ Churchills

What is a reasonable amount of time in the humi before smoking? Thanks fellas.
I had a Montie #2 from Jun03 last night. It tasted decent, but nothing to write home about. I think it is just flat and maybe kinda sick because I could taste a lil amonia toward the end. So I woul give them 2 years from the box date b4 I start smoking them.
I had a Siglo VI from Sep03 that was really sick. A lot of amonia toward the end and a very flat flavor. This cigar needs a lot of time. But I wouldn't know where to start smoking them. Maybe try another in 3 years. Who knows. That's my 2 cents.

Emo

If you are only getting a few and not full boxes, smoke 'em all now. If you are getting full boxes, age 'em forever and a day. :)

Waliguy's rule of thumb...the larger the guage, the longer the age (needed).

Some people like fresh, some like aged. Buy enough so you can have some of each!

It depends on your pallette in my opinion. One man's terrible acidy cigar, is another mans perfect cigar.

Since you're only getting a few of each- I would personally smoke one of each whenever you like and see what you think of them. If they smoke "good", try letting them age a while and see if they get any better.... If they smoke "awesome", you're way ahead of the game :)

Age always helps to some degree.

Thats my $0.02

Thats a good selection of smokes though! :D

Excellent lineup :thumbs: I'd suggest smoking half of them now and putting the other half away for a year. Then you'll be in for a real treat :)

Matt R said:
If you are only getting a few and not full boxes, smoke 'em all now. If you are getting full boxes, age 'em forever and a day. :)
I agree with Min Ron Matt! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Min Ron MATT now THAT is funny Wade :thumbs: :D

Min Ron NEE is a big promoter of aging cigars but personally, I'd do whatever Matt R. sez ;)

Just recently, I was yakkin' about how I love Havana Double Coronas like RAG's, VR Don Alejandros, etc. an that I didn't particularly care for SLR DC's. Matt said that he thought that SLR DC's were one of the best DC's out there so I gave 'em a second chance.

WOW, I'm glad I did, I was able to get my hands on a cabinet of 50 and they are my new FAVORTIE Havana DC.

bowdown.gif
to Matt R :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
WOW, I'm glad I did, I was able to get my hands on a cabinet of 50 and they are my new FAVORTIE Havana DC.
What date code are these?

coventrycat86 said:

Min Ron MATT now THAT is funny Wade :thumbs: :D

Min Ron NEE is a big promoter of aging cigars but personally, I'd do whatever Matt R. sez ;)

Just recently, I was yakkin' about how I love Havana Double Coronas like RAG's, VR Don Alejandros, etc. an that I didn't particularly care for SLR DC's. Matt said that he thought that SLR DC's were one of the best DC's out there so I gave 'em a second chance.

bowdown.gif
to Matt R :thumbs:
the only thing w/ the aging, is that MRN, from what I have read, almost always smokes just the aged ones.

so, unless you want to wait ~3 yrs. on them, smoke 'em now, IMO.

personally, as I usu only let them sit for a few months, usu. a lot less :D ,
smoke the Montie #2 and the RyJ church. now.

i guess i would let the ELs sit for a little bit.

that is about all I can say w/ some authority, the rest I have yet to smoke either not at all, or only once (that being the Part. Lusi)

To echo similar sentiments, smoke a few fresh and then age the rest. Generally for a year. In case you don't have the book, here's what MRN recommends for aging:

Monte #2's - minimum aging of 3 years
Hoyo Piramides EL - no info
Cohiba Esplendidos - minimum of 5 years
Partagas Lusi - minimum of 2-3 years
R&J Churchill - minimum of 3 years

It's tough aging these beauties for 3 years ???

...or you could just buy good pre-aged domestic cigars and smoke 'em at peak *now* ;)

::ducks and exits slowly::

:D

moki said:
...or you could just buy good pre-aged domestic cigars and smoke 'em at peak *now* ;)

::ducks and exits slowly::

:D
Or even better, I could have a nice selection of both domestic and ISOM cigars to choose from. Some to smoke, some to age.

::Sneaks up behind guy who is exiting slowly and kicks him in butt::

:p