• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long should I keep new cigars in the box?

scrooge

I bought a box of CAO MX2s. The box certainly isn't a humidor, but it came with a small humi pack. The box is cool :cool: , but I don't want to keep them in there just for that.

How long would you recommend that I keep them in the box?

Put them in the humidor right away. No sense leaving them in the box, you want them to stabilize to the proper humidity as soon as possible and leaving them outside of the humidor too long will dry them out and ruin them. The humidity pack is just for shipping and the cigar box does not likely have a good enough seal to hold humidity well.

Put them in the humidor right away. No sense leaving them in the box, you want them to stabilize to the proper humidity as soon as possible and leaving them outside of the humidor too long will dry them out and ruin them. The humidity pack is just for shipping and the cigar box does not likely have a good enough seal to hold humidity well.

He says it all. :)

If you have a desktop humi, by all means put the sticks in it. If you have a cooler or a cabinet, then drop the whole box in there.

Trust NO cigar box to be all that effective in maintaining humidity control over the long run.

Wilkey

I figured that these would be the responses. Thanks for the advice!

But the box is really cool... :laugh:

Easy solution:

Put cigars in humidor

Put box on shelf for display :D

My GF insisted on having the fuzzy black box from my MX2's, now it's felt lined, and full of doo-dads :thumbs:

and the cigars, (what's left of them), are tucked away in the humidor.