• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many cigars in a humidor is too many?

Locke815

I have a small-ish, 25-50 cigar humidor, and about 40 or so cigars in there, 3-4 layers. Is that a problem?

It shouldn't be a problem if you have the proper humidifier that can handle that many cigars. The only thing you might want to watch out for is with so many layers of cigars, they might not get humidified evenly. Every now and then I would rotate the cigars in those layers so that they are evenly humidified.

As long as it closes and you aren't squishing it, you should be fine.

Q: How many cigars in a humidor is too many?

A: You'll know when you can't get the lid closed :laugh:

All good advice! These folks know their stuff!

Pay good attention to the rotation of cigars every couple months to keep everything evenly humidified.

With a small humidor I don't think you need to worry too much about rotating for humidity. I think my humi naturally rotates when I go digging for something interesting.

Don't let them tell you what you can't do...

Some people talk of the marrying effect. You will have to decide what you think. Personally, mine aren't in there long enough to worry about it. :laugh:

With a small humidor, I don't think he will have to worry about marrying effect. Unless he is storing flavored cigars with his normal cigars.

From 2001: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=466

And 2006: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=28639

as long as you have the right humidity and, like Black Plague said, you can get the lid closed, FILL IT UP! i know some people who actually take their cigars and budle them like a cabinet selecction because the air circulates the taste between them all before they smoke them. So you might be doing your self a favor! :cool:

.. as long as they can breathe (not smashed like sardines) you're ok... make sure its closed tightly though.

i built a coolidor for a bit more than $100. those things stores singles or boxes LIKE A BOSS! just buy a cooler, mine was 75quart, 2lbs of Heartfelt beads then an oust fan and your good to go!