• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How much humidity beads?

chestrockwell80

I have a 2oz.tube of 65% humidity beads from Heartfelt for my 100ct hummi,
My freshly calibrated hygro reads low 60's,should i be using more beads?
Whats the happs? Should i be using something more than just beads?

I'd try wiping down the interior again. Maybe the wood isn't completely acclimated / humidified?

Or try adding a dash of water to the beads?

I'm just guessing here!

Did you calibrate after salt test or Boveda calibration kit? Check humidor for leaks. Small flashlight inside, take it into a dark closet and look for leaks. Outside temp and humidity can also play a roll in low RH.

I'd try wiping down the interior again. Maybe the wood isn't completely acclimated / humidified?

Or try adding a dash of water to the beads?

I'm just guessing here!
After i Wipe it down again can i leave my babys in the hummi?

Did you calibrate after salt test or Boveda calibration kit? Check humidor for leaks. Small flashlight inside, take it into a dark closet and look for leaks. Outside temp and humidity can also play a roll in low RH.
Salt test, thanks for the advice

I wouldn't put cigars onto the moistened wood, Try just wiping down the lid if anything..

You said it was a 100 count. What are the inside dimensions of the humidor, just want to make sure you have enough beads.

You said it was a 100 count. What are the inside dimensions of the humidor, just want to make sure you have enough beads.
I did the math using the formula on the heartfeld site, it said 2oz was was a little more than recommended.
After i wiped the inside down a little better its holding @67% since this mourn. I think i went a lil too lite on the D.water when wiping the inside down(scared of warping) Thanks again B.Dawson