• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How much of it do you smoke?

christ0pher

hispanohablante
hmm...I'm fairly new to cigar smoking, just a bit more than 1/2 year. Only the last month have I have maybe more than one a week.

How far do you smoke your cigar? To the band? Nub it every time?

I havn't had one that I've nubbed yet. Usually I get to the band, perhaps a little past, then let it burn out and throw it in the bushes to make the plants happy.

You?

Depending on if I am enjoying the stoge will say whether I nub it or not. Usually just to the band though.

Well, first off, I never smoke a cigar with a band on it so I don't know what that is for a reference.

I smoke them until I:
1. Can't hold them anymore
2. They start to taste like crap
3. They are burning so crooked that they pi$$ me off and I toss 'em out the car window

If a cigar is plugged, it gets tossed immediately, I have no patience for that :angry:

Ya know I've heard you mention you don't smoke with the bands on kitty. Care to share why?

And even if you don't, would you share it anyway ;)

BrownDevil said:
Ya know I've heard you mention you don't smoke with the bands on kitty. Care to share why?

[snapback]157053[/snapback]​
His claws get hooked on bands !!!!!! :laugh:

Beefcube said:
BrownDevil said:

[snapback]157053[/snapback]​
His claws get hooked on bands !!!!!! :laugh:
[snapback]157055[/snapback]​

LOL, actually the paper makes em taste funny :rolleyes:

I smoke alot of seconds, they're cheap so I don't mind an inch or two left. Now the last maduro, LFD El Jocko, I keep a hat pin in my sun visor and pinned till my lips got hot and icky. Some are worth a nubbin'.

I think I will be like most, if they are rocking my world, I will get 3rd degree burns if I ain't carefull, Otherwise...just depends on the stick and the weather and the time I have to devote.

Smoke'em till you don't enjoy it anymore, that's what it's all about anyway. Whether it is caused by bad burn, funky flavor, too gooey or burning flesh.

Also, the bands always go IMHO.

I'm pretty sure CC only orders in bulks of fifty thats Y no bands.
Usually A little past the band and if its really good of course nub. I like the sticky and oily so thats not A problem and only A few choice cigars dont get hot at the end as much, usually those are the same ones that get nubbed.

In general I only nub a cigar if it's amazing and if I smoke outdoors in winter this never happens.

We went through all this just last month in this thread. ;)

the gurkha said:
In general I only nub a cigar if it's amazing and if I smoke outdoors in winter this never happens.
[snapback]157136[/snapback]​

Same here. Which reminds me, I have to find a new cigar bar.

The answer to why take off the band is because you don't smoke the band.... why leave it on? A lot of cigar smokers are "fashion" smokers. Leaving the band on is somewhat of a "look at me".

Golfgar nailed it without question. Smoke it until you're not enjoying it anymore.

Like CC said I smoke until it starts to taste bad ,
If the cigar is good til the end I'll nub it
If it's plugged or tastes bad at the start I'll toss it
No bands , No need for me to show off

Bill

It all has to do with time, selection, location and palette. Other than that I can't think of anything else. YMMV :)

If it's good I usually take it down to the last inch. If it's not so good usually the last couple of inches. If it sucks I dump it within the first inch and light another.

Smoke it until it's no good anymore; I think that covers it.

As far as removing the band goes, I've had too many torn wrappers because of over-enthusiastic glue appliers. If the band loosens with a little warmth, then it comes off.