• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How often you check on your cigars

I don't have any cigars. I just like the people here.

I really didn't need to see that....

Thank you very little.

I check 2-3 times a week, when I'm looking for what to smoke.

How about this:

a real nice flag!

I think Gary is starting to get nervous that he might have some real competition, he has already posted more times in this newbies threads then the newbie himself..... :sign:

LOL,i'm not trying to set any records.

You've already set the all-time posts in one day record. It was previously held by BillClinton but he bailed on us so now you hold it. Congrats.... :sign:

------------------------------------------------------------
gallery_5704_324_8099.jpg

edit to add graphic

I check mine about once for every five threads you start. Hang on, I'll be right back.......yep they're okay!....wait a minute........yep still okay.........hang on..........still good..........ahhhh jeez hang on..........I GIVE UP THE STAIRS ARE KILLING ME!

Any psychiatrists in this blog? Im wondering if its a sickness or normal behavior.Every day im checking on my cigars at least 30 times.I have 3 glass display humidors all located in one room and im addicted to cheking them out several times a day.My wife is laughing constantly,she thinks im developing some kind of stage of psychological downfall.I just cant help it,are you guys doing the same or its just me???Help

Yes... you do have a diagnosable condition. Seek help. In the meantime you should give your smokes away.

Actually i dont open my humidors.They have glass display so i can see trought,i just go there and stare all the time.Personally i think that 70/70 deal is b.s.I keep cigars in room temperature not exceeding 73 and humidity between 64-67.Every humi has digital Western Caliber ll hygrometer.

Clearly you're o.k. but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing my humidors had only one hygrometer in them... I mean what if there's a battery failure in one of the hygros? Or worse... have you salt-tested them to be sure they're calibrated properly. Hygro failure... oh, the horror, the horror.

In the winter I check my humidors far more frequently than at other times of the year. Obviously, in the northeast the ambient humidity crashes, so I'm a little more paranoid about my stash.... I have eight large humidors (two 5K count, three 2K, and two 1K) packed to the gills, so I've a lot to lose if I don't pay attention to 'em.

Besides.... I love looking at my babies.... :love:

LOL,i'm not trying to set any records.

You've already set the all-time posts in one day record. It was previously held by BillClinton but he bailed on us so now you hold it. Congrats.... :sign:

------------------------------------------------------------
gallery_5704_324_8099.jpg

edit to add graphic

LOL, no kidding. I came on here and saw like 4 threads started by him, I figured he was gonna get tagged for it.

On another note, I check my humidor only when I'm taking something out or putting something in. Other than that it gets left alone.

Once or twice per day. I open it in the morning to put sticks in my 3 finger case for the day. If I smoke 'em all, then I don't open it again until the next day. If (for some odd reason) I don't smoke 'em all, I open it at night to put the unsmoked sticks back. The only exception is when the UPS guy brings me some love. :D

In the winter I check my humidors far more frequently than at other times of the year. Obviously, in the northeast the ambient humidity crashes, so I'm a little more paranoid about my stash.... I have eight large humidors (two 5K count, three 2K, and two 1K) packed to the gills, so I've a lot to lose if I don't pay attention to 'em.

Besides.... I love looking at my babies.... :love:

Excellent point WhiteAshes. I'm lucky in that my finished basement runs sort of "wet" all year. Right now, the RH down here is 55%. In the summer it's between 60% and 65%, usually more like 60%. I regulate it with a DEhumidifier! :D

As I mentioned in another thread sometime ago, I think the last time I added water to my beads was over a year and a half ago.

December and January are typically the driest months of the year here in the northeast.

Open it up once a day, take a big wiff, check the RH%, grab a smoke... close it back up.

Mine sits on a cedar chest at the foot of my bed. It has a glass top and I take a look at the digi hydro, tap the anal log hydro, do a quick comparison, then make my way out of the room, total time per "visit" about 5 seconds. Total time per day "visiting" 2-3 hours, give or take....Just kidding. I do look at it every time I walk pass it.

Tim

Probably once a day. I love looking at my smokes. When I started, i had a glass top humidor and I would put on a head lamp and check them out several times at night, in addition to looking at them during the day.

When I first got into this I used to check my humi several times daily...it wasn't so much for checking the humidity as it was about lookin at my sticks, there is just something about the site of a neatly packed humidor that I can't get enough of. Thanks to extensive therapy I got it down to once or twice per day.

Whenver I'm lonely, I open up my coolidor and it puts a smile on my face. I would randomly pick one and smell it and carress it and sqeeze it..........................Talk sweet nothing in it's end.............maybe I should stop now.

Andrew