• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How smart are you?

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

i'm not smart.

1. that would be this game called cature the killer.
2. France
3. Apples
4. Computer gaming
5. Potatoes
6. Dwarfs that used magic
7. Yellow
8. No.
9. I drank it all up.
10. Pooping on home plate, getting stabbed by the umpire, getting stabbed by the pitcher, exposing yourself, grabbing your crotch, and hitting the catcher with the backside of your hand.
11. Celery!
12. Hat, Head Skulls, histamine pills, hopper, hog skin, hickory

seriously tho, i know maybe half of them.
and sports? who cares about sports.

1. Boxing & Paintball.

2. Niagara Falls.

3. Potatoes and rhubarb.

4. Baseball.

5. Strawberries

6. They put the bottle over the branch.

7. Dwindle, Dwarf & Dwell.

8. Period, comma, hyphen, colon, semicolon, apostrophe, question mark, parenthesis, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, braces, and
ellipsess.

9. Huh?

10. Passed ball, Pitcher hits batter, interference, catcher drops the strikeout, pinch hitter/runner.

11. Leafy greens.

12. Shoes, socks, sandals, slippers, skis, snowshoes.

Now ask me how I passed Geology 101! :) :) :)

9. Minnesota (sp)

I knew all of them except 2, but TheBeast beat me to it :sneaky:

Holy CRAP Next & Bat Chief!! NICE JOB
medal.gif

Ususally, I'm pretty good at things like that but jolly's answers were better than mine
duh.gif

The only one I knew was the Pear one, they put the bottle on the fruit before it grows into a full pear, and I knew the Lakers moved from another area with lots of Lakes.

Boxing, strawberries, and lettuce, so obvious!

NEXT said:
9. Minnesota (sp)

I knew all of them except 2, but TheBeast beat me to it :sneaky:

Godd job on #9 NEXT! Didn't have a clue! :0

i don't get it?

The Lakers moved from Minnesota "Land of 10,000 lakes" to Los Angeles. Kinda like the Utah Jazz who moved there from New Orleans. Jazz is not exactly what first comes to your mind whe you think of Utah.

coventrycat86 said:
i don't get it?

The Lakers moved from Minnesota "Land of 10,000 lakes" to Los Angeles. Kinda like the Utah Jazz who moved there from New Orleans. Jazz is not exactly what first comes to your mind whe you think of Utah.
oops...im actually not that dumb...I meant the Niagra Falls one :D

Here are mine, I read the thread after I answered them.

1. tournament Fishing (this one could be argued, but until weigh-in, you don't know)
2. Mt. Rushmore (this one is wrong, I think niagra falls is right, as posted above)
3. Asparagus and Rhubarb (sorry, potatoes are not a vegetable!)
4. baseball
5. strawberry
6. The pear is grown in the bottle - the bottle is placed around the small fruit as soon as it begins to develop.
7. dwarf, dwell ... dunno (dwindle, apparently, as posted above)
8. period, exclamation, question mark, comma, semicolon, colon, hyphen
9. They were somewhere around the great lakes to begin with, then moved
10. hit by a pitcher with the ball, designated runner ... and my experience with baseball is done (posted above)
11. cabbage? (makes sense with what was posted above)
12. shoes, socks, stockings, sandals ... (and more posted above)

mhn said:
coventrycat86 said:
i don't get it?

It's niagra falls because the water erodes the bottom of the river, I think.

Shuji said:
mhn said:
coventrycat86 said:
i don't get it?

It's niagra falls because the water erodes the bottom of the river, I think.
You are correct Charlie :)

dwindle is a modified form of dwell so i don't think it can work.

i think the only other real choice here is dweeb.

thejollyco said:
dwindle is a modified form of dwell so i don't think it can work.

i think the only other real choice here is dweeb.
huh?

Doesn't to dwindle mean to slowly decline...as in out supplies are dwindling

dwell = to stay or live, as in welcoem to my humble dwelling?

It also has some meaning in automotive electronics like the spark duration or something, for the old style points distributors.

hmmm maybe i'm out of it.

yea... that could be it... i haven't slept in a while.

I let it go Wascal, the top of the cliff is also the bottom of the river at that point in the river. Doesn't sound right, but I guess it works. The river wears away at the edge of the cliff as it washes over it and thus moves the cliff back slow but steady. They regulate water flow over it to reduce this as much as possible while still keeping it a "falls".

It also has some meaning in automotive electronics like the spark duration or something, for the old style points distributors.

It's the dwell angle, of the mechanical breaker points in the distributor of an engine that does not have electronic ignition.

Most American cars converted to electronic ignition in the mid 1970's. ;)

Pretty good lumby considering they did away with these before you were born!!
medal.gif

I just remember those days of setting the points using a dwell meter & feeler guages, etc. ahhhhhhh the good old days
tophat.gif