• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make a grown man cry

wtrfwler1

Attend your daughter’s high school graduation.

My daughter, and first-born, graduated this past Saturday and it was truly an emotional experience. I knew it would be but just wasn’t prepared for how emotional it would be.

We are all sitting in the stands of the football field and everything is okay…until Pomp and Circumstance comes on over the loud speaker. Tears of pride start streaming down my cheeks, and I can’t even see he at this time. I gain control.

Then I spot her marching in, more tears. This time it’s tears of pride, joy, and sadness because my little girl has grown up. This goes on for a good 10minutes. I gain control and look at my wife and my Mom and tell them that everything is good and I have it out of my system.

WRONG! They call her name and she walks across the stage and I loose it. All the memories of the last 18 years just came flooding back. Here is a 6’4” 260 pound grown man sobbing like a baby, and damn proud of it.

It was a great weekend and I am very proud of my little girl. Yes, she is 18 and growing up but she will always be Daddy’s little girl.

I will never make it through her wedding day!!!!! LOL

Robby

Congrats! Wait till she goes to college, gets maried and starts a family of her own.

Congratulations, Robby! This is one of the milestones of a life well lived and to experience it in its full glory is wonderful indeed.

Best to the proud daddy and his daughter,
Wilkey

Hey Robby,
I'd like to offer you my sincerest congratulations, I can't even imagine the emotional intensity that must have overwhelmed you.
Apparently you did *something* right! =)

Rob

Congrats to you and your daughter. I am with you, very happy and tough day!

I think the toughest was dropping my daughter off at college. I didn't talk for days.

Ken

Congratulations! I'm sure those were tears of joy. Wait till you have grandkids, that's truly joyful. :thumbs:

From one father to another, CONGRATULATIONS. I have a daughter who's almost 3 (with another on the way) and I started to get a little emotional just reading your post. I think the older we get, the more we are touched by all that life has to offer us....and seeing your firstborn graduate from High School is something to be very, very proud of.

I will never make it through her wedding day!!!!! LOL

ROFLMAO..... My oldest got me all three times........ High School, College, and Wedding. No matter how hard I tried to pull it all together at the wedding the tears kept coming. Consider yourself warned. :D

Congrats! :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing that bro...
I'm not a father yet, so I can only imaging!!!

:thumbs:

CONGRATS! :thumbs: I can relate. It was a pretty emotional weekend for me too. I went down to IL to be best man in my brother's wedding on Friday, went a little farther south to my son's graduation and to see my first grandson( my daughters boy) on Sunday. I just got home about an hour ago. I'm a little numb. It is going to take some time to absorb it all. It is pretty sobering when you realize your babies have grown up.

MAN I am looking at my new on 8 months I could not imagine it 18 grown up WOW.. Sweet man Enjoy It.. CONGRATES

Congrats to you and your daughter.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Guys.

As Bruce said, I am just getting started. I still have my son left to graduate high school and then college graduations, weddings, grandbabies etc. I guess this one just hit me hard because I know it is the beginning of them growing up and leaving. Although, with the house empty, me and Mama can do as we please when we please. :whistling:

For y’all with young kids cherish every minute you have with them because in a blink of an eye they are grown.

Robby

My eyes got a little misty just reading that, Robby...

:thumbs:

Congrats! Wait till she goes to college, gets maried and starts a family of her own.

I thought I was over the emotional response after high school graduation.....wrong!! Pulling away from the dormitory after unpacking her stuff and meeting her roommate, don't know who was worse, me or her mother!!

I thought I was over the emotional response after high school graduation.....wrong!! Pulling away from the dormitory after unpacking her stuff and meeting her roommate, don't know who was worse, me or her mother!!

I am the third child. My parents did not even move me into school. I think they got tired after moving the first two. I understand... :laugh: