• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to season your new humidor - step by step guide

Hey guys -

I was wondering if any of you could suggest a Bluetooth hydrometer that you could check from your phone. I had Boveda Butler but it wasn’t useful at all. Never would update me and just would die after 30 days. I just want one that I could be notified if I need to adjust the humidity levels. Also I realize that this product doesn’t really exist that works well so you won’t hurt my feelings if you tell me that there isn’t a good option for that.

I've got both; 3 SensorPush units in the cabinet, and a Govee in my small desktop. Both seem quite solid, both need to go through a salt test before you put them into service. For a basic bluetooth hygrometer, it's dang hard to beat the Govee. If I were buying again, those are what I'd buy but I've got no rocks to throw at the SensorPush units.

$15.00 on Amazon, I don't know why anyone would use anything else:

Hey guys -

I was wondering if any of you could suggest a Bluetooth hydrometer that you could check from your phone. I had Boveda Butler but it wasn’t useful at all. Never would update me and just would die after 30 days. I just want one that I could be notified if I need to adjust the humidity levels. Also I realize that this product doesn’t really exist that works well so you won’t hurt my feelings if you tell me that there isn’t a good option for that.
I use tempstick - it's wifi, not bluetooth so you can check on it from anywhere you have an internet connection on your PC or phone(app or website). You don't need to be in bluetooth range. So if you are away for a few hours or a weekend you will be notified. Also you can set alerts for temp and humidity that send emails or text messages if you cross a limit.

But what good is that if you can't control the humidity from remote? Well at least you will be notified and can get that and make adjustments in a timely fashion.

But you can somewhat control:
I have a Kasa outlet/plug on my main humidor so I can cut the power remotely if for some reason the thing goes haywire (It's happened a few times with the Oasis). I get the Tempstick alert that humidity is 77% and rising and can cut power to the Oasis remotely.

The temp stick itself should not be necessary with the Oasis Magna but the Oasis's accuracy and software interface and control-ability from remote, well, it doesn't work, yet they still sell it. Check the amazon reviews. Oasis Magna.

At least if the humidity goes low I can turn it off and back on remotely (using the Kasa wifi plug) and that will fix it. Same thing if it goes high. Disclosure: I go months being away from my humidors as they are in two different locations. So I really need this ability in this risky situation.

Last edited:
It's long, but you get what you need within 5 mins. If you have the time, it's worth watching the whole thing. Hope it helps: