• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How you going to spend it?

Pay off guitar, slide the wife some cash and say go nuts, and put the rest away.

I'll send it back and tell them to apply it to the deficit. I ain't a smart man, but even i know you can't cut taxes and increase spending...

I wanna see documentation that you are gointg to send it back, LOL.

I'm gunna apply it to a 2010 vactaion plan I have.......if I get one. I had a pretty good year last year with a sidebar consulting gig I have and I may be close to the limit.

Funny how you'll get one even if you didn't actually PAY any taxes but you won;t get one if you paid allot of taxes. GD Democrats!

I'm serious, no shit, it's my protest of increasing the deficit by borrowing billions from the Chinese, and giving it back to the consumers to buy more Chinese manufactured products. I have nothing against China, but they are our biggest threat economically, and probably militarily. It's a matter of principle to me, the out of control spending drives me nuts, i blame both parties...
Sorry if that was too political

Hey Gator,

Not sure if you knew, so I thought I'd tell ya. The addy to return all tax refund checks is in my profile. But we prefer a cash return if possible.

Hey Gator,

Not sure if you knew, so I thought I'd tell ya. The addy to return all tax refund checks is in my profile. But we prefer a cash return if possible.
Hope you're good at jigsaw puzzles :)

Answers to a few basic questions some might have regarding the economic stimulus can be found here.

Funny how you'll get one even if you didn't actually PAY any taxes but you won;t get one if you paid allot of taxes.

Yea, God forbid we help those poor people out. Lazy bums.....why can't they go out and get a $50 million severance package for running a company into the ground? That's who we really need to be giving the money back to....the CEOs and others making over $150,000. They need the money more than do the poor people who will spend it on useless necessities like food and keeping their heating on. :rolleyes:

As for me, I'll wait to actually get it in my hands before deciding what to do with it.

Funny how you'll get one even if you didn't actually PAY any taxes but you won;t get one if you paid allot of taxes.

Yea, God forbid we help those poor people out. Lazy bums.....why can't they go out and get a $50 million severance package for running a company into the ground? That's who we really need to be giving the money back to....the CEOs and others making over $150,000. They need the money more than do the poor people who will spend it on useless necessities like food and keeping their heating on. :rolleyes:

As for me, I'll wait to actually get it in my hands before deciding what to do with it.

Did I ever even suggest that the folks at the bottom NOT get the money? Nope I didn't.

You know you are talking about maybe 30 people in the country right? I mean it makes for a nice soundbite and class envy baiting and all but there really aren't all that many people in that category you are mentioning. Let me say though that of the 50 mil your EVIL exec got he paid 10 to 15 or more of that in taxes so I think he did his fair share to "help the poor people". No one's talking about who needs the money. It just seems funny that when rebates or whatever you want to call it are parcelled out, the folks who actually PAID THE TAXES get left out.

And before you come back with some silly stuff about deductions and the CEO didn't end up paying and all of that stuff check out the Gov't statistics about who actually carries the frieght. AT last check of the Gov't statistics the top 1% of wage earners paid about 40% of the taxes. Don't you think those folks should get the 300 bucks too?

Did I ever even suggest that the folks at the bottom NOT get the money? Nope I didn't.

You know you are talking about maybe 30 people in the country right? I mean it makes for a nice soundbite and class envy baiting and all but there really aren't all that many people in that category you are mentioning. Let me say though that of the 50 mil your EVIL exec got he paid 10 to 15 or more of that in taxes so I think he did his fair share to "help the poor people". No one's talking about who needs the money. It just seems funny that when rebates or whatever you want to call it are parcelled out, the folks who actually PAID THE TAXES get left out.

And before you come back with some silly stuff about deductions and the CEO didn't end up paying and all of that stuff check out the Gov't statistics about who actually carries the frieght. AT last check of the Gov't statistics the top 1% of wage earners paid about 40% of the taxes. Don't you think those folks should get the 300 bucks too?

Nope. They are doing fine without getting $300 back. You have to cut off the rebates somewhere or the government won't have any money left. Or I guess we could go further into debt. Wait, why don't we just cut out a bunch of useless government social programs like welfare and social security? That way all the wealthy people can get a couple of hundred dollars back. This is a classic conservative/liberal argument as you demonstrated with your "GD Democrats." So why don't we leave the politics out of it and focus why some people get a rebate and others don't.

I don't know what "class envy baiting" is, but maybe you should think about why those top 1% wage earners pay 40% of taxes; its called "social responsibility." Foreign concept huh? That is a moronic idea to give someone money back who makes more than hundreds of people combined.

Who is exactly being left out? Last time I checked most people make under $150,000, so my heart does not go out to those who don't get a rebate.

This is not a politics forum. Go do your arguing somewhere else...

I'll be surprised if ANYONE actually sees this $300-$1200 check before next fall if ever. By the time Congress gets done with this we all may get a box of milk duds and a tangerine dream soda pop.

I think i know who's voting for Billary or Hussein Obama :p

What rebate. We won't be getting any. I need to really crap in my bosses hair and find out where my millions are since apparently, as an employee of the federal government, I'm too rich for a rebate. :angry:

the wife and I are saving for a new home, so it will go into my money market, although i would like a nice cabinet humi