• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo de Monterrey Edicion Limitada 2007 Regalos

alkaline

Size: 5 1/3 x 46
Shape: Grand Corona

Beautiful chocolate wrapper with light veining. Solid, heavy feel with no soft spots.

1/3: The draw starts out slightly tight although the smoke is abundant...probably a good thing that the draw was a bit tight. The initial draw was very complex with flavors of cocoa and tobacco...very smooth. The burn starts uneven and pretty much stays that way throughout the smoke..even requiring a touch-up. Near the end of the first third the flavor turns quite light with a loosening draw. Very deep tobacco flavor.

2/3: Still very smooth with an increasing amount of spice. The burn is still uneven. Dark chocolate flavors are primary with a long aftertaste. Very deep flavors.

3/3: Burn finally evens out. Intense flavors persist consisting mainly of cocoa, leather, and peppery spice.

I've had one of these fresh and remember it being better for my tastes. Burn problems persisted throughout the smoke until the end. But overall a very smooth and enjoyable smoke with very intense flavors. Next time I'll be having one later in the day with a nice bourbon!

img_0181.jpg

img_0182.jpg

img_0183.jpg

img_0187.jpg

img_0189.jpg

img_0190.jpg

img_0192.jpg

Hey, really nice review on that stick. I would love to try one of those sometime. The stick overall looks very beautiful, love the bands as well.

Thanks for the review. I have one of those resting in my humi, waiting for the right evening. Out of interest, what was it about the fresh stick that you prefered?

It just seemed a big more consistent and not as intense. This one was also a bit of a roller coaster ride in flavor.

edit: can't spell