• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo de Monterrey - Epicure #2

c1garfan

As I said in the box review posted yesterday, I decided to usher in the Fall season with a Hoyo de Monterrey, Epi #2. This has been one of my favorite / go to smokes for some time now. These cigars provide an hour of pure enjoyment. These fall on the lighter side of the strength spectrum, but don't let that discourage you. These provide full flavored, tasty smoke.

Here are a few pics of the unlit cigar

gallery_7858_828_11189.jpg

gallery_7858_828_5835.jpg

gallery_7858_828_7206.jpg

gallery_7858_828_5728.jpg

As soon as I got the box I couldn't wait to fire one up. Its a shame, but lately so many cigars of the Cuban variety have had drawing issues. This cigar had a nice spring to it and the draw was good, so I was confident the cigar would perform.

A couple minutes after lighting

gallery_7858_828_10841.jpg

The cigar started off with great flavor and never looked back. Coffee and spice were detected at first light. The flavors became richer as the smoke progressed. At this point the smoke smoothed out and continued for the duration. I wouldn't say the flavors changed much, but they strengthen and become a bit more bold.

gallery_7858_828_1680.jpg

Beautiful salt and pepper ash

gallery_7858_828_2588.jpg

This is just past the mid point

gallery_7858_828_30247.jpg

If you haven't tried one of these, do yourself a favor and put them on the list. This cigar is a great smoke for any occasion; be it with the morning coffee or after a tasty meal. Fall has begun!

For me, these cigars are like a fruit smoothie in a cigar form.

Spongy, creamy and delicious. Mmm... I should get a box too!!

Nice review. This is often a good cigar, occasionally a great cigar. It's a sentimental favorite of mine as it was one of the first cigars I bought by the box back in the 90's.

If you like this one, you should try the the RyJ Exhibicion No.4 in the similar Hermosos No. 4 vitola. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Nice review! I'm looking forward to trying one of these, soon. It's sitting in my humi, just waiting.

Very nice review. One of my top 3 cigars at the moment. A very enjoyable cigar.

Don

What year was it from? I got one this past summer but don't know what the box code was. I'm wondering when would be an ideal time to smoke it. I imagion i could not be more then a year or year and a half old if that.

Edit: i say the photo in the box review but need some help decifering it. I think i read the code as: OEB, DIC, 08. I'm reading that to day December 08. Little help please?

Not sure about others but these are awesome pretty fresh. :) My lot is from mid 07 and is smoking fantastic. Hope it helps!

Don