• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur

dulaney22

Banned
Sitting here smoking a Hoyo Excalibur and thinking it's great to be able to read and search these boards. I started smoking in a hit or miss style with no real input from experienced folks. Now that I've read these boards and learned what is good the trip to my local B & M and next day smoke is a lot better.

This cigar is really good . . . even if a newbie thinks so. :thumbs:

You should try formally reviewing a cigar or two. Take some notes and some pictures. It really helps to open your senses. Share what you think.

Will do. Thought about doing just that but I didn't figure you guys wanted to read about what a new smoker thought of a cigar.

That said, I've got about 2" of this one left and it's really smooth . . . noting no harshness at all. The flavor doesn't seem as bold as the Partagas Black Label I smoked yesterday, and it also doesn't seem to give me as much kick/buzz, but it's nice.

Will do. Thought about doing just that but I didn't figure you guys wanted to read about what a new smoker thought of a cigar.

That said, I've got about 2" of this one left and it's really smooth . . . noting no harshness at all. The flavor doesn't seem as bold as the Partagas Black Label I smoked yesterday, and it also doesn't seem to give me as much kick/buzz, but it's nice.

We all have different senses when it comes to picking up hints of flavors and how a cigar smokes. IMHO I like to read about the experience, especially when its a cigar I enjoy or want to try. Newbie or not, share your enjoyment.

We all have different senses when it comes to picking up hints of flavors and how a cigar smokes. IMHO I like to read about the experience, especially when its a cigar I enjoy or want to try. Newbie or not, share your enjoyment.

x2! I'm a newb as well and I can't pick out some of the things that a lot of the more seasoned smoker can (toasted vanilla bean, and grilled porkchops, and bacon and such, LOL!) But I LOVE to post reviews and pics on here, to get the feedback from other people. They even might give you more recommendations.

I would also try this: Linky-Loo You might even find a smoke on here you saw somewhere and could get a good idea if it fits your tastes. This is an awesome resource. My $.02.

x2! I'm a newb as well and I can't pick out some of the things that a lot of the more seasoned smoker can (toasted vanilla bean, and grilled porkchops, and bacon and such, LOL!) But I LOVE to post reviews and pics on here, to get the feedback from other people. They even might give you more recommendations.

I would also try this: Linky-Loo You might even find a smoke on here you saw somewhere and could get a good idea if it fits your tastes. This is an awesome resource. My $.02.
I'm a seasond smoker. 35 yrs., and I don't suffer from gustatory hallucinations; so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some folks read to many magazines.

I used to smoke Hoyo Excalibers quite a bit way back then. I liked them quite a bit, but things change. Cigar smoking is a journey.

Doc.

The Excalibur Prensado Oscuro is one of my most favorites. You might also want to try the Dark Sumatra line. I highly recommend!

I had one the a couple weeks back, unfortunately it was tighter than an 18 year old virgin and I had to put it down. :0

The Excalibur No.1 is my favorite everyday smoke. A nice smoke to wind down with at the end of the day. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I had one the a couple weeks back, unfortunately it was tighter than an 18 year old virgin and I had to put it down. :0

Great Ceasar's Ghost! Why did you put down the 18 year-old virgin ... those are harder to find that a box of Cuban Davidoff's signed by Fidel himself. :sign: