• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos LE 2007

CigarInspector

Hedonist.
Approximately a month ago I decided to sit by la Seine with a book and took out a single Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos LE 2007 that I had received in a sampler of Cuban limited editions. It sure looked good:

hdm-regalos-1.jpg

I had some rich and creamy tobacco flavors after I lit the cigar. I thought I was about to enjoy a great stogie and prepared myself to relax, opened the book, and then it started... I think I have never experienced such a bad burn on a cigar. A few pics:

hdm-regalos-2.jpg
hdm-regalos-3.jpg

I had to put it down in the beginning of the last third because it started to seriously piss me off.
This kind of construction is inacceptable on a limited edition...
What are your experiences with this vitola?

Wow that is a insanely bad burn. I smoked a lot of these LE's before. Never had a burn like that, that just looks like a real nasty burn.

That looks more of a problem with how the cigar was stored than construction.

It does happen and I will agree it does distract from the smoking pleasure of the cigar. I've smoked a few of these and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

Thanks for your comments.

I heard that the construction on these varies by box, one of my friends purchased a box and had awful burn on 4 first stogies he smoked. He asked for a replacement and the construction was much better (still not perfect though).

Denis, I got a 10er from Jim (stepthirteen) and, so far, haven't experienced any of these issues. I've smoked 3-4 of them and all were very tasty with pretty much perfect burn. I just sent SPIVY one and I hope like hell it doesn't burn like that. Sorry brother.

Lee

That looks more of a problem with how the cigar was stored than construction.

It does happen and I will agree it does distract from the smoking pleasure of the cigar. I've smoked a few of these and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

I agree with Anthony, that type of burn normally occurs with a overly humidified cigar. I've had a couple and the construction was good on mine; pretty nice smoke overall imo.