• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Huge request...Westvleteren

davew0670

Anyone have a bottle or two they would be willing sell? One of my good friends is turning 30 in a week or two and would love to gift him a bottle or two..even more if someone is would be so generous! Thanks - Dave

Really the only realistic place to get Westy is ebay. Looks pretty slow right now, but they had it for $25 a bottle for a while.

Anyone have a bottle or two they would be willing sell? One of my good friends is turning 30 in a week or two and would love to gift him a bottle or two..even more if someone is would be so generous! Thanks - Dave

I should have a bottle. I will check the cellar tonight and let you know.

I'd like to try it, but I'm just going to have to wait until I take a trip to europe/belgium, haha.

Guys, I understand the need/want/desire to try this beer but please do not support the Ebay vendors.

The Monks that brew it request that you not resell their product....

Tim

I used to go to the abbey, 20 years ago, there was a bar across the street called "In the vrede".
They always had the beer available, nothing better on a Sunday afternoon sitting there drinking a Westvleteren trapist, with a plate of Belgian cheese and hesp (ham)!
My wife was at art school in Breda it was an hour and a half drive from there!
But "In de vrede"is gone now there is a modern visitor center, I preferred the old situation!

Happy days (I'm getting old) :D

Rene

It is still called In de Vrede

Me and the wife drive up there at times to do lunch as well, about the same drive time for me as well.
Nothin like trying to get back through Brussels traffic after a few Westies

Tim

Guys, I understand the need/want/desire to try this beer but please do not support the Ebay vendors.

Tim

Do you know of any other sources other than Ebay?

Dave

It is still called In de Vrede

Me and the wife drive up there at times to do lunch as well, about the same drive time for me as well.
Nothin like trying to get back through Brussels traffic after a few Westies

Tim

I let the misses do the driving home!
In those days you did not have to order the beer in advance, you just went there and if there was beer available you could buy it!
I still have 2 empty wooden crates and the bottle's somewhere.

Rene

Tim

Do you know of any other sources other than Ebay?

Dave

THIS PLACE however it looks like they are sold out right now. I forgot to check for you last night but will tonight. Hang in there man!

I will post the next time I make a run....
I will not sell any, but I have been known to give a few away......
Tim

I should have a bottle. I will check the cellar tonight and let you know.

Awesome!

Well Dave, you are in luck. I have one bottle left and it is yours. Consider a gift since I too will be turning 30 in less than 2 weeks and I sympathize with your friend think he should drink the best on that big day. :laugh: Just hit me with the address for shipping. :thumbs:

Jonas, if you want to hold on to your last bottle I'd be happy to send one of mine Dave's way. We've been slammed here at work so I didn't have the chance to check the boards too much or I would have replied sooner.

Jonas, if you want to hold on to your last bottle I'd be happy to send one of mine Dave's way. We've been slammed here at work so I didn't have the chance to check the boards too much or I would have replied sooner.

Thanks for the offer Mikey but I already had it packed up and ready to go.

Dave, your buddy is lucky to have good friends like you to take care of him! Hope he has a great bday. :thumbs: