• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi Humidification

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Okay dudes, I know that there have been posts going both ways on the merits of both, but must call on your expert advice.

Have a 75-100 ct. humi that usu. contains anywhere from 55-70 sticks.
It is opened a few times a week so I can smoke the contents.

I am sick and tired of using a puck and a shot glass of dist. H2O.
so ...

- 1/2 lb. Climmax 65%

- 1/2 lb. Climmax 70%

- cigar reservoir
http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/itemdeta...U=ACC-RESERVOIR

I try to keep my humi around 67% (+/- 1). and not sure if I want to go up or down.
also, if you are in favor of the beads, would it be best to buy more and then place small packs on both levels of my humi and on both sides of the dividers or just in two spots?

thanks dudes.
:thumbs:

Climmax 65% anywhere in your humi is fine. No need to spread it out in my experience. Believe me Mike, you'll never look back :)

If you mix the 65% beads and the 70% beads, you should be able to hit somewhere between the two relatively easily. You'll want almost ALL 65% .. and then get someone to send you a small handful of 70%'ers. Keep them in separate containers so you can remember which are which and add/subtract 70% beads as necessary.

If you are using a divider, put half of each % beads on each side of the divider ... because if you put 70% on one side and 65 on the other, you may have *slightly* higher RH on the 70 side. At least that's what my smokes felt like after I did that for a while.

Using a mix of 65 and 70, my cooler sits at a rock solid 68%RH.

My sticks smoke so much better since I started keeping them at 65% I rarely have draw problems anymore. When I kept them at 70% I had many draw and burn problems. Actually I wish Vern made 60% beads as I'd like to try an even lower RH.

65 was too low (for most smokes) for me. 70 is too high. I age them at about 68 and smoke them at about 67 ... doesn't seem like it would make much difference, but it does. :)

ISOMs and a few others are just left out for a while before I smoke them, or shoved in a dry box for a day or so if I bother to plan that far ahead.