• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidification For Storage Alternatives

PhatAsh

The Bionic Poster
I went to a few sites when  constructing alternative storage devices (Igloodor) and was informed by local tobconist that I should not use oasis foam because it has Fermaldahyde in it and he suggested Mystic foam. Just wanted to let you all know what I was told. Let me know if you have anything to add. :sign:

Personally I only use Climmax beads, You only add water and it controls humidity in both directions.

Vern,
What are Climmax Beads? Is this a joke or are they used in humis?
:lookup:

Appearantly the joke is on me!!! I have gotta stop opening myself up for these, this is two in two days! Anyway, if you can't laugh at yourself you will be the only one not laughing!!! :D

You are a trip Ash, nice to be a newbie huh? I actually use some stuff I got at Wal-Mart, no clue what it is called other than Wet Floral Sponge, and I wet it with 50/50 PPG and DH2O. Seems to be doing the trick for me. One box has it in a soap dish, the other is in a glass cigar tube

No joke Phat, . there is not a better humidity product this stuff is the same system that museums use for their displays that are humidity sensitive.
Here is the link:http://www.climmax.com/instructions.html

Puro,

I know that H2O is water, but what's DH2O? A cigar solution?

Rod :thumbs:

I'm with Vern on the Climmax beads. You can get all the specifics at the web site..... I'll vouch for the fact that it works flawless. Great stuff since it works both ways, absorbing when there's too much humidity and releasing when there's not enough. My frigador holds a steady 68.

I also use a Cigar Oasis in one of the humi's. It works great but at around $100 for the Cigar Oasis VS about $25 for a lb of beads the beads win hands down!

I'm pretty sure that DH20 is distilled water.

As for the Climmax beads they are great! Simple to use and very effective.

Another two-way system that I've been using in my Herf'dor is the Humidipak. You can get these when purchasing the Fuente Humibags or in the newer releases of Fuente cigars. This little packet is great... just throw it in the Herf'dor and it holds a perfect 70% and per the instructions it's supposed to last 6 months. If you plan on using the Humidpaks in bigger humidors I'm pretty sure that you'll probably need more than one.

Aloha,

Wade

THANKS GUYS! Boy am I glad these beads are real! I was hoping they weren't those things you stick.....well you all know! Thanks for the info you all are great :D

This is the first time I have heard of these Beads. I checked out that link, man that looks like the way to go. Beats PPG and DH2O all to heck. But in my Humi, I would need to use like 3 oz of the beads, Hmmmm I guess I need to get busy on a new Humi.

i love that...even if the trunk lid says honda...now that's funny. i'll have to check those out, too.