• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidification Tubes with Beads

Bill Clinton

Part of the Ron Jeremy Generation
I have been reading all the posts about the Heartfelt Industries 4 oz. humidification tube and beads. I noticed that Heartfelt Industries sells a 4 oz. Humi-Tube with the beads inside it for large capacity humidors.

I need to know if the beads are sealed inside the 4 oz. humi-tube. Or does one have to put the beads inside the humi-tube and then seal the tube shut? I noticed 2 red plastic/rubber ends on both sides of the Humi-tube. Is this where you add the distilled water and the beads?

Also, I would like to know whether or not this particular 4 oz. humi-tube with the beads inside it can be placed flat down on the bottom base of the humidor without damaging the interior cedar of the humidor? Or do you have to put the humi-tube in a container in order to prevent any distilled water from seeping and spilling out of it onto the wood on the interior base of the humidor?

I own a 400 to 500 cigar count footlocker humidor which I already have filled up to the top with cigar boxes. There is currently no room inside my humidor to put a humi-tube with beads inside a small container or dish. I would like to now how and where I can position and place a 4 oz. Humi-Tube with the beads inside my footlocker humidor when is is filled up with cigar boxes and when the space in my humidor is very tight?
I would like your input on this. I cannot move any of my cigar boxes out of this particular humidor and into another humidor. I need to utilize whatever space that I currently have in my humidor to accomodate the 8 to 9 boxes of cigars that I already have in there. So, how can I use the Humi-Tube with the beads when space is limited? Where would be a good place inside my humidor to place the humi-tube with the beads in order for it to work correctly and still be able to keep all of my cigar boxes in the humidor? Can I place the humi-tube on the top of one of my cigar boxes without worrying that it will damage my cigars? Please also note that the lids of each cigar box inside my humidor are kept open about 1/4" inch by a plastic tack to allow for breathing of the cigars inside each and every box.
If I purchase 2 of the Humi-tubes and place one on top of one of the cigar boxes and the other on the top tray inside the top of my humidor, next to the cigars which I have laying on the tray, will it be okay?

The Heartfelt Industries website does not say anywhere about how or where to set the humi-tubes inside a humidor.

I am hoping that you guys can help me out with this problem.

Thanks

Bill Clinton said:
Anybody?
[snapback]247695[/snapback]​

Sent a private message to Viper..he's the bead master.

I have one of these... it's a tube that has a red rubber/plastic cap on one end. The beads are inside, and are easily moistened by simply using a spray bottle with distilled H2O on the end beads and letting them soak each other down. I put it into my 150 count humidor and it works GREAT. I have not seen ANY dampness, discoloration or other flaw with using it flat on the bottom of the humi. I cannot vouch for the 300-400 cigar humi, but I will say that in my 150 it lasts a looooong time (couple of months)

I've also used it in my 15 cigar Cigar Caddy, in direct contact with my cigars, with no ill effects whatsoever.

I HIGHLY recommend the tube for this use! hope this helps- if you have ANY other questions, don't hesitate to ask or PM me
Jim

Sorry for the slow post.

Before I am able to answer some of the questions I would like to know the actual internal dimensions of your humidor. I can give a much better answer as to the amount of beads necessary for your humi. There is also the option of the mesh bag which makes it a little easier to fit the beads into a tight area or odd shaped space.

The tube can me placed anywhere in the humi and will cause no damage. The beads themselves are contained in the tube. To re-hydrate the beads you can just spray the beads as was mentioned earlier or remove one of the end caps and add distilled water that way. When properly humidified (not over hydrated) the beads are not wet in any way. All moisture is contained within the beads and only comes back out in the form of a gas. They are safe to place on the top of a cigar box or the cedar interior of your humi.

I don't give any advice on the location of the tubes within the humidor since there are so many different humidor types out there and most folks know their particular humidification needs better than I.