• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidity Beads - RH% Relative Humidity Question

Cigar Mechanic beads are more readily available at the retail level on Long Island.  Anyone have any insight to these?  I have a 40 count and a 20 count with the gel bead pucks and I find that they fluctuate between 69% and 72%.  I have a 19 qt. tupperdore with about 40 to 50 cigars in 4 empty cigar boxes, 1 Boveda 69% that holds rock steady at 68% to 69% which is my preference.  Heard cigarmechanic is also a silica gel bead and wondering if they work as advertised?  

wantacigar said:
Cigar Mechanic beads are more readily available at the retail level on Long Island.  Anyone have any insight to these?  I have a 40 count and a 20 count with the gel bead pucks and I find that they fluctuate between 69% and 72%.  I have a 19 qt. tupperdore with about 40 to 50 cigars in 4 empty cigar boxes, 1 Boveda 69% that holds rock steady at 68% to 69% which is my preference.  Heard cigarmechanic is also a silica gel bead and wondering if they work as advertised?  

Seems they need a room mate - http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/roo/4012359285.html

chiefmd said:
Do you think they have beads?
According the info on the website it is bi-directional nano bead technology.  turns white when wet, clear when dry. (just a synopsis.)  "no swell, no gel", etc.  Just wondering if anyone has used it.

heartfelt are very good, I'm also a fan of Cigarmony's stuff. Mark Neff has always been very good to me. Good deals and he's expedited a few warranty claims for Xikar products. Just had me send it to him and he swapped it with new and sent it in on my behalf so I wouldn't have to be without. I don't see him much on here anymore. Hopefully there went any issues.

Also rather then make a whole new thread do you guys still mostly use beads? I've gotta replace mine as their 8 years old and mostly cracked ect. An electric humidifier isnt an option for me at the moment.