• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidity issue?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Last night I went to my office away from my office to do a little work and smoke a PSD4. I took it straight from my humidor (kept at 65%) in the morning to smoke later on in the day. I feel it is necessary to mention that it was raining that day but i was inside my tobacco shop. I cut the PSD4 and the prelit draw was fine, nothing indicating that the flavor would suck. When i lit it, there was a slight bit of spice but it was for the majority, a taste-less stick. I've had this box for over a year and found that these do have a lot of flavor so last night's cigar surprised me. My thoughts are that it was over humidified. Am i right? What can i do to prevent that from happening again?

Last night I went to my office away from my office to do a little work and smoke a PSD4. I took it straight from my humidor (kept at 65%) in the morning to smoke later on in the day. I feel it is necessary to mention that it was raining that day but i was inside my tobacco shop. I cut the PSD4 and the prelit draw was fine, nothing indicating that the flavor would suck. When i lit it, there was a slight bit of spice but it was for the majority, a taste-less stick. I've had this box for over a year and found that these do have a lot of flavor so last night's cigar surprised me. My thoughts are that it was over humidified. Am i right? What can i do to prevent that from happening again?

Its possible, but more than likely it was just a bad cigar. If other cigars from the same box in the same conditions were great and this one not, than it probably isn't your humidity. Did it tunnel on you or was the burn really off?

Its possible, but more than likely it was just a bad cigar. If other cigars from the same box in the same conditions were great and this one not, than it probably isn't your humidity. Did it tunnel on you or was the burn really off?
Not really, it seamed to burn rather well, though the burn line seamed to be a little flaky.

There are things like duds, like Mike stated. I wouldn't worry about it as it is bound to happen.

If the cigar burn was good and it wasn't putting itself out than humidity doesn't sound like the problem. What age is the box? Maybe they are at a strange point in their aging career.

I pulled out a Siglio II from a box, almost 4 years old, that has been resting for over 2 years in my humi. It was plugged and not salvageable. I chucked it and pulled another, which smoked and tasted great.
This has happened to me several times with a variety of smokes and no doubt, will happen again.

Your smoke may have been a dud, smoke another as has been suggested. If it's the same, start looking at where this box is stored, is it close to your humidifier, etc.

Brian

How are your taste buds and sinuses?

I've had a head/sinus cold for a few days...even my regular coffee tastes different, let alone cigars.

taste buds and sinus are good to go. I think I'll try dry boxing the next one, or better yet, not smoke it while its raining outside. How fast does a cigar take in that moisture?