• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidity too high

classyndry

on injured reserve
I have 3 humidors right now, and 1 hydrometer. I salt tested it when I bought it about a month ago. All three of my humidors (one cedar, two lock and lock brand tupperwares) are running about 75-77%. I have the puck with heartfelt beads in two, and a bag of heartfelt beads in the other. I thought I might have over saturated them, so I left them out of the humidors for a day, put them back in, and they still rum about 76%. When I remove all beads for a day, the RH only goes down to about 71%. The lock and locks each have a couple boxes in them, so there is wood in the humidors. The beads were marked as 65%. I'm hoping they will go down in time, but if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it.

It does sound like the beads were oversaturated, maybe try leaving the dry beads in there longer.

Once humidity gets high in the plastic containers it's sometimes hard to get it down. Take out the beads and leave the lids cracked a bit for a while. If the cigars are over humidified they will contribute to the humidity level within the container.

Once humidity gets high in the plastic containers it's sometimes hard to get it down. Take out the beads and leave the lids cracked a bit for a while. If the cigars are over humidified they will contribute to the humidity level within the container.

This is what I figured. I'll leave them cracked overnight, and then close them up in the morning. If they're still too high when I get back from work, I'll try again.

Spread the RH Beads on a cookie sheet and dry them with a hair dryer set on low. (wet beads will be clear, dry beads will be milky white).

Put them back in your humidors and they will absorb the excess moisture.

Lather, rinse, repeat until your RH is down to 65%

I hope this helps

~Mark

Spread the RH Beads on a cookie sheet and dry them with a hair dryer set on low. (wet beads will be clear, dry beads will be milky white).

I hope this helps

~Mark
Just make sure to hold the hair dryer far enough away. I'm still finding beads from my first try at this over 1 year ago...

:blush:

One more possibility.

I keep my cooler in the basement. When the ambient humidity level is in the basement creeps up, the hygrometer in my "sealed" cooler reads > 65%. Turn on the basement dehumidifer for a couple of days and all returns to normal.

This is especially true after a big rain.

Lol. I bet I would have done the same thing. I took them out for about a week while I was out of town. They've gotten down to about 69-71 now. I would have tried to dry them if it had taken any longer. I haven't needed to add water yet, but it looks like the beads are going to work out pretty well.

I hope this helps

~Mark
Just make sure to hold the hair dryer far enough away. I'm still finding beads from my first try at this over 1 year ago...

:blush: