• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Attacked!

TampaSupremo

Hellbent for Glory-land
OK, let me lay out the scene:

About 0730 this morning I'm sleeping on the couch since my 2-year old has basically taken over our bed. We have a large potted plant with a river rock in it as big as his head. I was messing around with my humidor last night and left it on my son's toy box.

The boy and the woman are up and about. She's making breakfast and my son is playing.

My eyes open a little and I see him carrying something...I figured it was a toy.

I hear some banging. My wife asks what my son has. I reply "He's banging some big toy on the floor. Miller, please bang that on the rug, not on the floors."

My wife looks around the corner.

"Uh...no. He's got that rock and he's banging it on your humidor."

"Fuck!"

She got it from him before I was even able to roll off the couch. I looked at the humidor...not a scratch! Gotta love Cuban Crafters.

Well, I left it were it was and a couple of hours later he moved it to get to his toy box...turning it over in the process. Beads all over the inside of the humidor. Cigars tossed around. What can I say? I learn the hard way.

TampaSupremo

atleast the beads stayed in the humi. Would have been a real headache if your humi spilled the beads on the rug.

Yep, failed. The worst things I've heard to have around your humidor are toddlers and teenagers. I know several folks who have had darn nice cigars destroyed or disappear as a result of both.

And that is why I keep mine in my bedroom closet, up on a shelf that I can barely reach.

Yep, failed. The worst things I've heard to have around your humidor are toddlers and teenagers. I know several folks who have had darn nice cigars destroyed or disappear as a result of both.

Truly, two of the most destructive forces known to man.

My son, 21 and away Asked that I watch his till he returns. LOL--- Fox Guarding the hen house.

I've caught my 2 year old rummaging through my Vino-temp a few times. I've also found loose beads on the carpet. I need to run to Lowes and get a lock to put on it.

It's a proven phenomenon that Viper beads are magnetically attracted to carpet.

I keep my humidor high and away from my 2 young kids, they love messing with my stuff. :cool:

I don't have any toddlers running around,but I keep my Humi locked in my home office.My Grandson will be visiting this summer & he is a little terror according to my daughter,so I'll have to make sure he stays away from Grandpa's "toys".

My kids think that cigars stink and won't go near them. I've made it a point NOT to tell them hands off...a little reverse psychology on my part has kept them away from it.

i believe that my dog is smart enough to get the humi open...

I refuse to believe Levi is smart in any form or fashion.

Brian (wifes oldest) is 13, and in about a month of watching me smoke, has become obsessed, always asking questions and gazing into the humi. On one hand, I guess there's nothing wrong with a future botl getting an intrest, but on the other hand, he's 13 and in the "teenage" category. I've decided it's time to buy a humi with a lock. At least till he turns 18, and even then I may need it for protection for my good smokes! :laugh: