• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Dilemma

HT73

I'm looking for suggestions regarding whether it's ok to have different strength cigars in the same humidor or not. Here's the dilemma: I have a Savoy 100 ct. humidor with several dividers and I'm pretty good about keeping the cigars inside seperated according to brand. A short time ago I read that it is better to seperate, that is use a different humidor altogether, for your different cigars as if you keep them stored together, the strongest of the bunch will overpower the rest. I have since bought a couple of clear airtight containers (you know, the ones that the wife puts flour and sugar in :D ) along with some 65% bead tubes from Viper (awesome product by the way) :thumbs: . The question is, is it ok to store my sticks in the same humi as long as they are divided or should I go with the clear container or maybe something else?

I heard of the sharing of flavors as well. I know my taste buds aren't good enough to distinguish flavors that precisely. I think for most of our purposes, its not that big a deal to have a strong cigar in the same humi as the milder ones.

Flavored cigars however, should be kept as far as possible, like in another room, LOL.

Honestly, I have never had a problem with sharing flavors, though I have heard some people state that as well. I store maduros next to naturals, ISOMs next to non-ISOMs, Padrons next to Fuentes - it is really a politically correct environment where cigars of different colors and countries of origin live in harmony in my humidor... :D

However, like Ricmac said, flavored cigars should not even be allowed in the same room, preferably not even in the same house... :laugh:

It really takes time for flavors to marry, I wouldn't even worry about it unless you are storing them for aging purposes. I keep all mine together.

Personally, I keep my "special" cigars in a separate humidor. Guess you can call it "segregation". ;) I actually do that for organization purposes more than anything. I like to keep a certain country all in one humidor...

I think it would take years for the flavours to marry..and I probably wouldn't be be able to discern that "marrying" for sure. Despite this I do keep only Cubans in my main humidor.