• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Diversificationism

T2P

Green Horn
I got into cigar smoking appreciation a few months ago when I built my first coolidor. Now, I need to figure out the best way to fill it.

My experience is limited to this point and I want to try as many differnt cigars as possible in many various categories. Now as many of you know, walking into a B and M to purchase a few random cigars is most always not the cheapest route to take even though I will do this regardless. Even orering singles online poses cost issue problems once shipping is calculated in.

So my ultimate question is are there ways to get a diverse group of cigars while also recieving similar discounts to box purchases. For example, are there any reputable sites that offer sample packs and boxes of different cigars for about the same price as the singles would in full box purchases?

A cigar pass really would not work too well for me because I only have one type of cigar that I have more than one quantity of (La Riqueza No 3's) and none of the others in the humidor are ones I have smoked before and giving those up would defeat the purpose of tasting new ones.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

My suggestion to you would be to purchase samplers. You can get them from many of the online retailers like CI or Famous. I would suggest going through CP though as there are many retailers on this site. Might I suggest you contact uptown_isy. He manages a shop in New York, and I'm sure he would be able to put something together for you that is quality and not filled with the usual store brand type stuff that you find in many newbie samplers.

I was very happy with the quality and selection of both of my NSTs. I would start there.

Mark at Tower cigars would be a great place to start, he's out of state for you so you wouldn't have to pay taxes, he has a great selection and will help put together some good stuff for you. That aside, having a good relationship with your local is always a good thing, so going in there to try stuff should definitely be a priority.

The "Noobie Sampler Trade", as mentioned, is a rock solid way to get a great selection of smokes from a long term BOTL.

Easy to recommend - B.B.S.

The "Noobie Sampler Trade", as mentioned, is a rock solid way to get a great selection of smokes from a long term BOTL.

Easy to recommend - B.B.S.

I second the newbie trade thread. Also, as stated, Mark at Tower is good people and will take care of you! :thumbs:

I actually participated in a trade with Lykman for the Newbie Sampler. Are there limitations? Can I do that as many times as I'd like because that proved rather beneficial.

Definitely go with the newbie sampler trade!

I actually participated in a trade with Lykman for the Newbie Sampler. Are there limitations? Can I do that as many times as I'd like because that proved rather beneficial.

I haven't done the newbie sampler trade yet... space limitations for now, but I believe there's a 2 time limit on the NST.

Thanks for the info Shamrocker, I will look into it further.

Half Full, the list of cigars that I have tried that I liked is still fairly short but three stick out thus far.

La Riqueza #3s (firs box I bought)
Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage (2.5 year old got in the first sampler)
Padron 6000

Well I got a bonus at work today so Wes888 just set me up with my second NST. So excited :D