• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor experiment

stickman

:thumbs:

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with humidifying their cigars with something other than water.

I have on occassion placed a sliced green apple in my cabinet. I recently put in a dish of water with a touch of coffee in it.

I would be interested in hearing any other flavours tested.

Smoke em if ya got em!!

Stickman

Sounds like you're trying to make your own Lars or ACiDs :p

Only H2O here.

Vic

An apple slice was always good for keeping....uh...my...hmmm...rolling material malleable. However, my smoking medium of preference now, comes pre--pared. Of course, I'm not above twistin' one up in a pinch. I'll say this...my old habit was waaaaaaaay cheaper...I think.
:lookup:

NA

There are several ways to flavor cigars. If you like Rum, get a large ziplock bag. Get a paper towel and dampen it with some Rum. Lay the towel in the back, and throw in some cigars. Seal the bag, and let it sit for a week or so. Take 'em out and you got rum flavored cigars...

Personally, I don't really care for flavored cigars, but this method works pretty good. :)

LMAO @ NEIL! :sign: :sign: :sign:

Can't fool me! I know what you got growin' in the hills behind ya! :0

My great grandfather (according to my grandmother, he past away when I was 2) use to keep a slice of apple in his humidor to keep his cigars fresh. Go figure.

My father and grandfather do the same with there pipe tobacco. They swear by it!

:thumbs:

My attempt wasn't really to flavour the cigars so much as just add a wee bit of aroma to help the cigars along with their aging. Since coffee is one of the flavours often used to descrobe a smokes flavour it seemed like a good choice. But only a very small bit..I don't want cafeine laced smokes...lol

As far as smokes like lars or acid....I tried the lars and HATED THEM big time.I just could not find anything enjoyable with these smokes. I would definately not want to make my smokes in any way like those turds.

Stickman

you could always put all your cigars in my humi and i would let you know how that changed thier flavor! :p :0 ;) :sign:

yes Mr Clemmins, At one time I also tried to use apples to keep my smoking material fresh....Didnt work to well,,Ialway ended up eating the apples :p