• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor help

siva66

hi everyone. well i'm a casual cigar smoker (about 2-3 a month) i bought your typical 50 cigar humidor (been treated and had it for more than 3 months) at my local cigar shop (cost ~$50). i have the jell humidifier and some humidifier pouches in my humidor. these typically keep the humidity at an inconsistent 64-69, but my main issue is the temperature which reads almost 80 on a consitent basis and i keep my cigars in the lower bedroom of a 3 story townhome plus i have a digital hygrometer. i have moved my humidor to the second floor and various other parts of the house but the temperature stays the same. could this be a function of having a lower quality humidor- because i was thinking of upgrading to a glass top humidifier? can anyone recommend a good humidifier so that i don't have to have numerous humidifiyng devices in my humidor. sorry to be so lenghty and any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi, and welcome to CP... we have a great place to introduce yourself

Intro

The answer may be, move it to ground level/basement.. and try beads. Use the search option.

thanks for the quick replies. i was looking at the boveda packs which also regulate moisture but i like that the beads come in the tube. if i buy the heartfelt beads, where could i store extra tubes? or should i just buy them one at a time? my other concern is the temperature in my humidor, which approaches almost 80 consitently. i currently have it in the lowest room of my house, and attempts to move it to other rooms has not really affected the temp (i live in houston, tx btw). my guess would be to double check my digital hygrometer, but i might upgrade to another humidor just to get a better one. any thoughts on glass-top humidors? i would be onyl looking at a 50-100 quantity humidor. thanks again.

Welcome siva66 - from a fellow newbie.

I have a 125 count glass top and I just ordered the large 65 degree tube from heartfelt (the tube comes pre-filled). I don't have enough smokes in there yet to soak up a diecent amount of humidity to keep it regulated. The beads won't help with actual temperature because that is determined by your environment, but they will help to regulate the relative humidity as they soak up and release as necessary. Proper RH is killing me right now, not the temp. I've actually been leaving the humidor cracked to help get it down to avoid mold and other bad things. I also think Boveda packs only last a certain amount of time, I think beads last indefinitely.